Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Default I'm think about buying KR55 Keymaker anybody used it yet.

hello as I said I'm looking into buying this keymaker... KR55 keymaker. I saw a video and it says that it works to program Chrysler Crossfire, Dodge Sprinter all keys lost including also programming remote function....Which is a function that all the other keymakers I have do not do. Has anybody used any feedback would be appreciated.... It comes in a kit with device software and five flips remote keys... $999.00 usd

UsA sprinters with hu64 blade

2007 - 2018 Dodge Sprinter W(C)9062003 - 2008 Chrysler Crossfire1996 - 2004 Mercedes SLK Class R170 (all types)1997 - 2005 Mercedes A-Class W1682001 - 2005 Mercedes Vaneo W41406.1997 - 2001 Mercedes SL Class W12906.1997 - 1999 Mercedes S Class W14006.1997 - 2001 Mercedes G-Class W461

Set includes:

KR55 Keymaker deviceKR55 software +ML W163 SoftwareML - 1997-2005Sprinter 2000-2007W901,W905 - Transponder only (Remote soon).Truck keymaker software
    Cable set

5 new keys ready to be programmed:

Flip key for Dodge Sprinter (PCF7936/ 315MHz/3 buttons)-2 pcs.Flip key for Dodge Sprinter (GMT46/ 315MHz/3 buttons)-1 pcs.Flip key for Chrysler (PCF7935/ 315MHz/3 buttons)-2 pcs.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Anybody ??? Opinion???

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

It works buddy Moe is in charge of that, Diagspeed will be buying it soon. Javiar is ordering one as we speak.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

alex_r_2001 (16th September, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ray-ray View Post
    It works buddy Moe is in charge of that, Diagspeed will be buying it soon. Javiar is ordering one as we speak.

Any distributor out there with better price??

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'm also thinking of buying this, but almost zero information available. Their support (at least, one that I was able to contact) not very friendly. Regarding the price - I also searched all Internet, couldn't find any trace of better price. It's $1K with 5 keys, take it or leave it.
    But that's not a point. The point is - where to get more keys? They're selling keys for big $$$ (like $75 a piece plus shipping), eating big chunk of POSSIBLE profit. The truth is - except Sprinter, all other models are extremely old, and most owners don't want to pay big $$$ for a key. I can buy Toyota smart key all day long for that price (in most cases - much cheaper), it will bring more profit, takes 3 min to program and there are MILLIONS of Toyotas and Lexuses on the road.
    For 2003-2006 Sprinter chip can be simply cloned and basic key made (total cost - less than $1 for key blank and less than $2 for chip), for many owners this is enough.

It's possible to buy used keys on eBay in bulk quite cheap, but the question is - can they be reused with KR55 keymaker after replacing transponder? I couldn't find answer, and this is most important thing before I'd consider to buy this.
    Like I said - from my experience, manufacturer's contact is not very friendly (it sounds like they own the World), otherwise I'd buy it few months ago already.
    Last edited by ranchero; 20th September, 2020 at 12:00 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Last edited by Alpaholic; 28th October, 2020 at 03:08 PM.

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alpaholic View Post
    I bought it, its here. There is no menue point in the software for w461 and w140. Remotes are good, hope i can test it soon.
    So does it work good? Did you update software as they suggest?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

I have a friend that is using it 4 jobs paid for the tool. Patrick is happy if go to there website there is a online manual and video to support the tool. Keys are about $60.00 working good but looking for a cheaper source for keys.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

alex_r_2001 (16th September, 2021), ranchero (8th October, 2020)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ray-ray View Post
    I have a friend that is using it 4 jobs paid for the tool. Patrick is happy if go to there website there is a online manual and video to support the tool. Keys are about $60.00 working good but looking for a cheaper source for keys.
    Where to get keys at $60? I see UHS Hardware sells them at $75 per piece, quite painful.

So it 4 jobs paid for tool - he charges $250 per 1 key? Hmm, no one around here will pay that much money . People around here think that remote key for any car with programming and cutting can't be over $80, and worst of all - some private "locksmith" guys ready to work for "beer money", simply robbing themselves

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

this kit is all a joke every week new chinese kit - how can it be any damn good
    Solidarity with Ukraine

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ranchero View Post
    Where to get keys at $60? I see UHS Hardware sells them at $75 per piece, quite painful.

So it 4 jobs paid for tool - he charges $250 per 1 key? Hmm, no one around here will pay that much money . People around here think that remote key for any car with programming and cutting can't be over $80, and worst of all - some private "locksmith" guys ready to work for "beer money", simply robbing themselves

yeah better to sell cheese
    Solidarity with Ukraine

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Last edited by Alpaholic; 28th October, 2020 at 03:08 PM.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I'm also thinking of buying this, but almost zero information available. Their support (at least, one that I was able to contact) not very friendly. Regarding the price - I also searched all Internet, couldn't find any trace of better price. It's $1K with 5 keys, take it or leave it.
    But that's not a point. The point is - where to get more keys? They're selling keys for big $$$ (like $75 a piece plus shipping), eating big chunk of POSSIBLE profit. The truth is - except Sprinter, all other models are extremely old, and most owners don't want to pay big $$$ for a key. I can buy Toyota smart key all day long for that price (in most cases - much cheaper), it will bring more profit, takes 3 min to program and there are MILLIONS of Toyotas and Lexuses on the road.
    For 2003-2006 Sprinter chip can be simply cloned and basic key made (total cost - less than $1 for key blank and less than $2 for chip), for many owners this is enough.

It's possible to buy used keys on eBay in bulk quite cheap, but the question is - can they be reused with KR55 keymaker after replacing transponder? I couldn't find answer, and this is most important thing before I'd consider to buy this.
    Like I said - from my experience, manufacturer's contact is not very friendly (it sounds like they own the World), otherwise I'd buy it few months ago already.
    I hope I'm not breaking any rules I'm not affiliated with this company other than I've bought a lot of items from them and big ticket items too. Call UHS Hardware Hollywood, FL talk to Derek or Roni

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to esx503 For This Useful Post:

darknezz19 (19th January, 2021)

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

$250 is a good price for that type of key specially if it's an AKL job put it this way if no one on your area can do this key other than the dealer you got the market cornered plus you're mobile dealership isn't. Customer can think whatever they want if they think it's a $75 job that's fine but do they know anyone in the area that can do it for that price? Hell no! On top of all that most sprinter vans owners use it as a business/commercial vehicle that's their money maker right there. they can't afford to lose one week or sometimes a day looking to save $100. There are a lot of variable idk what are you're at but that plays a role in there. Where I'm at I would charge $350 AKL & $250 for duplicate most likely they'll beat me down on the price but you can also include a "free" $4 clone key instead of giving them a discount. You're selling a product brother and when people call your business and ask for certain key to be made and you can't do it that customer's problem doesn't end there so guess what? He's gonna call your competition which could be me or anyone here on the forum like i said I don't know your area. I think it's a decent investment it'll be a while to pay off but it will within a year at the most.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to esx503 For This Useful Post:

alex_r_2001 (16th September, 2021)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

So far is okay. No tokens and no online needed, it's kinda a one time buy. Wonder if it'll get cloned. ML FBS 2000 akl regular key made OBD, sprinter 2011 remote key spare made using GMT 46 remote key. Clone function of GMT keys doesn't work from my experience and another's. Can decode out pages ala 'more info' with baby and manually write transponder pages with kr55 software tab. Just waiting for that Crossfire jeorb.

Can refurbish OEM ML keys I think, but all other apparently have to buy KR55 proprietary keys.
    Last edited by darknezz19; 19th January, 2021 at 06:13 AM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darknezz19 For This Useful Post:

alex_r_2001 (16th September, 2021), Weasel3 (19th January, 2021)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast