Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts

Default High Voltage Lines Kill F150?

Had a new one (for me) today, Father and son parked F150 directly under power lines of unknown voltage ,but apparently very high, the type that has very large towers for the lines. The were gone about two hours, and truck was "dead" when they got back. The F150 is a push button start 2015, and neither of the two prox keys would allow the dash to light up. They had it towed to their house and then they called me to help, they thought that I could program proxies back in, and with Autek succeeded, after failng with APP. Remote side would work with both keys, but neither would start vehicle. No success with proxy in programming slot or next to start button. Ran diagnostics and came back with some strange codes, 18 in BCM alone. Yes, I bailed. Call me a coward, but honestly I didn"t really know where to start. Sent them to a dealer I work closely with, to sort out solution.
    The question I have is, has anyone else run into this with high voltage lines? Can they kill a BCM, or other electrical components? Why would proxies be kicked out, and frankly, why did they program back in?
    Last edited by camelgd; 23rd September, 2020 at 12:35 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

i had a Fiat Ducato once they are cutted an undergroud powerline with a tracked excavator. The Ducato parking around 10-15m after the mini explosion the car went totally dead. After hearing the story i refused to run a diag on the car. I don't want to kill my stuff Later they are found out all electronic parts are fatally damaged except the Airbag ecu.
    Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jodge For This Useful Post:

camelgd (23rd September, 2020), p1et (24th September, 2020)