Thread: 307 SW bad BSI

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Question 307 SW bad BSI

Hello, it looks I have faulty BSI. Here is short history:

- last few weeks trip computer could not be reset, remembered trip statistics keep returning arter car was turn off for 5+ minutes.
    - last week when inserting key on dash not all lamps turn on, but starts normaly and works normaly.
    - 2 days ago car started normally, but lights, wipers, and bunch of dash lamps go on and off.. after few minutes engine shuts down. Next try - car wont start, totally dead - does not turn, does not light anything.

What I did: open windows, disconected battery, alowed 10 minutes, reconnected battery (BONG sound is heard), turn on lights (with sound heared), car starts but throws errors (airbag, airbag2, antitheft, anitpollutant etc..) and shuts down in few minutes (2-4 minutes). If I connect PP2000 the moment I try to access BSI it starts to blink all posible lights on dash, kliking sounds under steering wheels (relays perhaps) and it goes dead in 30 seconds. After that I cannot start car any more.

Lucky me I had copied EEPROM from BSI few months back when I tested ch341 reader.
    That EEPROM gets the car started but it dies after few minutes, repeating all above symptoms.

Do I need new A) EEPROM or new B) BSI unit?

If A) can you check whats wrong with attached EEPROM?
    if B) what kind shud I get from scrap yard (used)? Does it need to be completely the same or can be older/newer version? If I write my EEPROM to "new" BSI will all work? Please help me understand best way to repair this.

THANK YOU!
    p.s.:

BIS info: JOHNSON CONTROLS
    96 601 059 80
    BSI 2004 H05 01300305
    BOOT 21676031-5B
    HARD 28113345-8A
    V02-00

EEPROM is 95128 chip, attached.
    Last edited by br556hre; 13th November, 2020 at 08:11 PM. Reason: attachment removed

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Just additional question. I got offered BSI that is not 100% equal version (different markings underlined) like this one:

BSI nr1. info: JOHNSON CONTROLS
    96 635 104 80
    BSI 2004 H04 01160407
    BOOT 21676031-5B
    HARD 28119738-4A
    V02-00

BSI nr2. info: JOHNSON CONTROLS
    96 619 404 80
    BSI 2004 H04 01050506
    BOOT 21676031-5B
    HARD 28117?35-2A
    V02-00

Can I safely buy one of listed models and replace my old? My guess Nr2 is better choice?
    Last edited by br556hre; 9th November, 2020 at 12:24 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Update:
    - I have installed BSI nr1.
    - telecoded VIN number and all PP2000 has.
    - done immo off on ECU.

Car starts.

now left problems to solve:

1. Info screen warnings:
    - electronic anti theft (I need to read pin from BSI to code keys and remotes I know)
    - Suspension Faulty, Suspension faulty max. speed 90 km/h (in status it says "Sport suspension mode deactivated")
    2. Yellow triange with exclamation mark lights constantly.
    3. rear doors cieling lights constantly on when engine on. (front lights and rear middle/boot lights work normaly)
    4. BSI Errors:
    F4BA - related to missing keys learnig (will fix when extract pin from bsi)
    F019 - hydraulic suspension computer is missing, dont know how to fix this one
    F01D - suspension modes computer is also missing, dont know how to fix this
    F030 - roof window computer not respondig (I have panoramic glas)
    F03B - lane assist ( not existing) dont know how to fix.

Any assistance is welcomed!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts

Hello to all. You will need BSI 2004 H05 ONLY and ONLY. All other types of bsi H04 is not the same structure like yours. Numbers may differ but type of BSI not. IF YOU HAVE H05 YOU WILL NEED H05.
    IF I HELPED YOU PRESS THE " T " BUTTON

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Thumbs up FIXED!

Quote Originally Posted by PSAcars View Post
    Hello to all. You will need BSI 2004 H05 ONLY and ONLY. All other types of bsi H04 is not the same structure like yours. Numbers may differ but type of BSI not. IF YOU HAVE H05 YOU WILL NEED H05.
    You can use all H0x versions if you follow procedure.
    With BSI Nr1 my car died again after 250 km because i did not follow procedure, car got in panic mode anti-theft and shut down eventually so I used BSI nr2 to get it up running again.
    It seems anti theft info was stored in ecu and dash eeprom - so take care to follow this steps and you will have no problems:

Procedure is following:
    1. virginise 95160 on ECU
    2. virginise 95128 on BSI (JC type I installed does work with all FF's, not needing any header info)
    3. prepare 95020 for DASH (or ignore this point if your km was ok, mine was wrong - pulled from bsi so i had to adjust)
    4. install all to the car and connect PP2000/Lexia to OBDII port
    5. telecode basic computers info to BSI (so BSI knows what is on your car)
    6. learn bsi new PIN code and program keys
    7. learn ecu to new BSI
    8. telecode all details for each computer in car to remove all warnings and errors with Diagbox (not PP2000 if your BSI software version is newer than 7).
    9. almost forgot, use Diagbox to code injector codes to ECU.

That's all folks - car now works perfect, no errors, no gremlins - just perfect
    Hope this helps others!

Rgds, Bro!
    Last edited by br556hre; 13th November, 2020 at 07:24 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to br556hre For This Useful Post:

Bllinda (2nd August, 2021), line44 (6th December, 2020), PSAcars (24th November, 2020)