Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default UK NISSAN NIVARA 2003 AKL ADVICE

need help on a akl on a nissan nivara 2003 2,5 diesel, cut the blade but having problems programing the immobilisor, not done a nissan before first one, tried with autel im508 londsor obdstar no luck, is this a obd job , TINKIN OF BUYING THE ORIGINAL ABRITES NISSAN LICENSE TO TACKLE IT, ANY ADVICE HOW TO DO THIS CAR ?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

i take it you have the pin code or have converted the ariel codes to get the correct pin code ?

you dont give much detail , where are you having issues on this ? cant get pin code , wrong pin code ? got pin but programming failed ?

if pin code fine and going through the procedure fully but key not coding in , then could it be a chip error , what transponder chip are you using ? id60 carbon ?

more detail may get you a more accurate reply and help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

dialamoby (27th November, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

thanx rapid, ive left the car in compound one of my own siezed cars we purchased at our garage, been over a month i tried, i will try tomorow, and give u full info, havnt knowledge of the nissan systems,, only a mercedes guy,, all i know,,

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

did you have pin code ? if not then this is required , to find pin remove plastic around column/ignition , the ariel/reader attached to the ignition will have a label on it , you need 2 of the codes off of this label to convert to the pin code , if you dont have software to do this then post a photo of the label here and im sure someone will extract the pin from the data on label for you.

you will need the correct transponder for year and model on your year T13 carbon id60 chip and the correctly cut NSN14 key .

i still find AD kit the best on these older nissans , i dont think IM508 covers your year of navara , from memory i dont think coverage started on navara on im508 until the mid 2005 D40 model using the id46 chip , im fairly sure this older D22 id60 system wasnt covered on im508 but may be wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

So what exactly is the problem? If my memory is right it is a id41 (haven’t done one for a few years so double check) I mean most tools do it, so I wouldn’t go getting a new licence

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

ive never had an old navara on id41 after early 2001 , navara used id41 on models 97 to 2001 , all D22 models ive done after 2000 have been id60 carbon chip . but always worth checking as could be a late registered 2000/2001 built model but doubtful unless an import

yup even old sbb , t300 etc will bang these in once the pin code is known and far cheaper than avdi licence.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 27th November, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I haven’t done one in years to be honest mine may have been older who knows time isn’t great for my memory.

Indeed I don’t own avdi but I have heard their pricey

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,277 Posts

avdi licences are indeed pricey , that is for sure never going to change. but avdi can struggle on some of the old systems , i find ad more reliable on these old ones .

from memory the old d22 navara 1997 to 2001 using the id41 chip didnt use a pin code or it was a fixed code as old nats 2 - 4 system , from late 2001 the d22 model used nats 5 system with pin code and id60 chip and needs pin code derived from the bcm label.

but im fairly certain im508 only covers D40 models from 2005 onwards and not the old D22 models , i dont think autel covers any of the older nats to 5 systems
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 27th November, 2020 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I have found autel struggles a lot on older vehicles.

I’m just in the middle of a Renault Clio 09 so I’m hoping it does well on it for me last time I think I ended up using zedfull

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Forget Autel
    Done before this age Nissan u have to remove immo round coil

Look at label but last 1 i did was by eeprom/ direct connection

easy jobbie
    Last edited by fred77; 28th November, 2020 at 02:02 AM.
    Solidarity with Ukraine