Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Audi 100 Instruments / Speedo Resistor burnt down: Which Size had it?

Hello everyone!

I have a damaged Instrument Cluster from an old audi 100. The owner made some mistake dealing with the ignition and managed to kill the rev-counter. Everyting else in the Instrumentcluster is working properly. He loves his car very much and cant find a replacement cluster so I offered to fix it for him.
    I found one burnt down resistor, which is easy to replace but I cant determine the correct size of it!

Does anyone have informations about which size it has to be (mabe from original VDO or Audi documents)?
    Or if anyone has the same instrumentcluster (or a similar one), can you send me a photo of the rear side with the rear plastic cover removed?
    In the Attachment are photos of the cluster an the location of the resitor.
    The original numbers are:
    VDO 110.008.530/001
    AUDI 4A1 919 003P
    Maybe Important: I dont know, if 5 and 6 cylinder Instrument clusters are different! Mine is for 5 cylinder fuel engines.

Thanks to everyone who can help or is even reading this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hi, if no one has helped , then I can look on saturday , I have some clusters.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to armi For This Useful Post:

Luedy11 (10th February, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey armi,

that would be wonderful! I opened several Threads in different forums and groups and yours is the only response yet!
    Hopefully you find a cluster like that!

Greetings
    luedy

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Hi, looked at my panels, they are not from the A100 but newer, from the A6. diferent PCB with smd elements, but I found a photo from ebay, maybe you can ask the seller to take a photo of the place you want, it looks the same as yours.
    (https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Audi-10...-/254102806637)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Put some photos of that area only,and name that transistor next to resistor,i believe that is obsolete too.If not,you can try to connect o variable resistor starting from 50 kiloohms and test to see what is the correct value.