kali live usb repair?
Register
    Thanks

Default kali live usb repair?

kali live usb/win7

MY pc was booted from the live usb (persistence), while in the suspended state it was removed. I guess it was corrupted as it will not boot from persistence now although it will boot from 'live' and 'fail safe' etc. Is there a way to repair persistence or will I have to format and start again?
    Last edited by mikk; 14th February, 2021 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks

Based on the info you provided the fastest and easiest way would be to create a new bootable USB if you don't have any important files there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kpme For This Useful Post:

mikk (11th February, 2021)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikk View Post
    kali live usb/win7

MY pc was booted from the live usb (persistence), while in the suspended state it was removed. I guess it was corrupted as it will not boot from persistence now although it will boot from 'live' and 'fail safe' etc. Is there a way to repair persistence or will I have to format and start again?
    it will not corrup beacuse the live pc uses RAM to run OS from usb .... i think there is another problem , if you can explain more detailed i will help you .....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to toyota123 For This Useful Post:

mikk (14th February, 2021)

Thanks

It attempts to boot then hangs before the kali menu screen. Not sure a screen shot is possible. The last line of script when it hangs -"Failed to start Daily man-db regeneration"

Went the format route but when I try to mount partition now I get - mount: /mnt/kali: can't read superblock on /dev/sdb1. Any ideas?
    Last edited by mikk; 14th February, 2021 at 02:05 PM.