Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default What OBD tool for old Benz Sprinter 310D W903 OM602 EDC?

Hello everybody, I have a question about stone-age technology, maybe someone remembers this?

What OBD solution would I need for this truck? Its an old Benz from the 1990s, 2.9 OM602 Bosch EDC motor, with the 'round' OBD1 connection.

The OBD1 connector is no problem for me, I already connected a normal 16-pin OBD2 plug to it instead, with all K-lines on 7 now (on the old Benz round plug each module has a separate K-Line pin?).

I think this truck only has three systems, instruments IMMO and engine. There is no ABS or air bags or anything else.

I want to do a lot of custom work on this old truck so it would be nice to have full OBD for things like coding, keys, data etc. Not just for the engine but for all the systems. Like Vag-Com is for VW cars.

I have a lot of old hardware/software, but mostly for VAG. I have all the old K-line and K+can cables that most of the VAG/BMW/other old German software use, as well as a collection of other old OBD interfaces and VCIs. I tried the oldest thing I have which is CASCADE but that only has diagnostics for the commonrail 2.2 and does not want to connect to the old EDC system. I also tried some other old software which uses a Delphi type VCI and that also does not connect. I know there is no problem with the engine ECU because the truck drives and generic OBD connects OK.

My experience is mostly with VAG, and I know with VAG when you try to connect to channel 01 (engine) on K-line, it will connect to ANY engine if it has K-line. So for example if you have software like Delphi and you enter the information as a TDi, and the car is a 1.8 20v, it will still connect because all engines respond to 01 (apart from very old D and TD fuel pumps but thats another story). So using that logic, I tried to connect to it using other software which connects to K-line parts of other Benz vehicles from this Era, but nothing.

Is there a package like the old Vag-Com but for Benz? Something that will fully work on this old 1990s tech? It would be nice to have OBD and coding for all modules on this truck. Also want to play with immo/keys out of curiosity, enable/disable options, etc).

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The original software is called HHT but i think its only availible in star diagnosis systems

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

mb carsoft 7.4__ will be OK