Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TERMINATOR1000 View Post
    i don't think customer of 100 000€ SUV comme to me for add key or AKL ....
    JL005 Price 800€ key price TA57 200€ , where is benefit for me ???

Been doing these cars for 5 years now and no tools can do them right except the dealer tool
    blank chips are cheap for these kvm and many tools can program virgin data and is best way to go
    use cheap keys low as 50 gbp and 2 cost 100 plus the chip 10
    cost 110 to do the job but need some good skill for chip swap and dealer tools

or buy new kvm and 2 keys 300 and is better still
    you have old one can virgise later and recoup and reuse on next job

few points to note about other tools

they dont mention all info and i will share more in-depth info about the game

for usa models its 95 percent unlocked kvms and can use dealer tool and do those lost or spare via obd for old and new kvms and no need to mess with can lines and can alarm on and off not matter

so for usa market you better of with a dealer tool as well as locksmith tool in 1 and can support coding and diagnostics and software and module updates etc

https://www.jlridssddmongoose.com/ho...m-2005-to-2022

for Rest of Models that are non usa cars can do via obd on all models if kvm is not locked
    when locked need replace it or unlock it and read with dealer tools

to unlock the old kvm use test points on board and reset sec and erase unlock repartition and add virgin data to unlocked mcu
    this way when use dealer tool you will get bcm also programmed and emergency start works also under steering
    when add keys in kvm dump only bcm has no data and cant do emergency start on keys added in dump of kvm only so its only half the job done

http://landrover-jaguar-key-replacement.com/

these other tools i would stay away unless have a backup dealer tool option if using after market tools

problem in other tools

if keys are lost then using their keys can only emulate the current keys and cant disable the keys in locked mcu kvm so those clients cant help fully and give right solution to disable lost keys

if kvm has 2 keys and is locked and wants more than 2 keys you cant do that unless is extra keys data in mcu already and cant add more in to it via obd

when work via obd on other tools often you will remote not work after and it destroys a target id for a module and nee dealer tool to fix that

on tops of that you have to mess with can wiring and connect probes and dealer tool no need do any of that with dealer tools

however are some good points to aftermarket tools also and will elaborate further nexc time about those all is not bad but overall will still need dealer tool to support all models

https://www.jlridssddmongoose.com/

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dontforgetus For This Useful Post:

Faraday (14th May, 2021), fred77 (16th March, 2021), nazz2 (14th March, 2021), Weasel3 (13th March, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Nice self promotion fella

But... I never seen non locked KVM in JLR cars 2015up. So in fact with dealer tool you will need to virginise KVM. Pointless and time consuming option.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider72 For This Useful Post:

fred77 (16th March, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

true, I always use dealer tool till 2016 as not locked
    With little research and time dealer tool SDD is obtainable.

True also wise to have some backup plan even if abrites is gud ivestment fings go wrong
    Solidarity with Ukraine

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

any feedback on if the software actually works, abrites has said it does not work on cars with the Ultra-Wide Band module ?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Main trouble point is that keys made by this method are not usefull as are only cloned copies from lost/stolen one. In my feeling when such car will be stolen locksmith will be obligated to pay for it as job wasnt made proper and lost/stolen keys will be still in fully working condition. Abritus and other will see only money from locksmith, dont bother even mention What influence it can have.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qeso705 For This Useful Post:

rob h (11th April, 2023), Weasel3 (15th May, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

well dont waste your money, have the updates and it dont work?

DK Veteran
    where men are men and women eat their babies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by v-diag View Post
    well dont waste your money, have the updates and it dont work?
    confirmed failed as well ........another Abrites flop from the third party developer they bought this from

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyman View Post
    confirmed failed as well ........another Abrites flop from the third party developer they bought this from
    Then PayPal then.
    And make a claim.
    Suddenly the hole tool is deactivated instead .

Better solve this one.
    Since it was a spesial unique license. Only for these years.
    And also quite expensive.
    So something has do be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

How do they sell it if does not work
    This is the problem with lots of these companies they try nothing
    And they charge a arm and a leg.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

paid via paypal and on my american express, have emailed them, lets see what they have to say, if not will put a claim, as i have spent over 1800 euros, update, protag and ams.

have been with em from the start, but everything i have brought since the start has never actually work, stopped using em for a few years, thought i gave em another go?

what a waste.
    Last edited by v-diag; 31st May, 2021 at 11:44 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to v-diag For This Useful Post:

AUS-MAN (9th April, 2023), godfathertwo (1st June, 2021), Weasel3 (1st June, 2021), whiskeyman (2nd June, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

when i asked questions about the update to sales and support both replied telling me it will work ? now support has sent this crap?

Hello Sir,

I need to inform you that the support via email is not available since April 2019, we are using this email address for feedback emails only.

Please submit a ticket in the ticketing system for all your technical-related questions or issues.

Have a nice day

so now they want me to spend another 150 for support,

this company is a joke.

i brought through mk3.com, they have been helpful so far, they have submitted the token for support for the issue, let see what there reply will be?

DK Veteran
    where men are men and women eat their babies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by v-diag View Post
    when i asked questions about the update to sales and support both replied telling me it will work ? now support has sent this crap?

Hello Sir,

I need to inform you that the support via email is not available since April 2019, we are using this email address for feedback emails only.

Please submit a ticket in the ticketing system for all your technical-related questions or issues.

Have a nice day

so now they want me to spend another 150 for support,

this company is a joke.

i brought through mk3.com, they have been helpful so far, they have submitted the token for support for the issue, let see what there reply will be?

support is that piss poor i would rather deal with chinese

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    628 Posts

Mine failed on a 2019 F-pace Jaguar. It would not detect the working key, kept saying "wrong key" so I canceled the operation.
    It has worked on pre 2019 Range rovers though.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

just an update got an email from sales after complaining about the money i had spent, they have a similar case to mine and are working on a solution, they say. told me to send back the key for them to reset it.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider72 View Post
    Yeah well... than you must have Pathfinder with capability of programming new kvm to the car. And if you never done this before it will be nightmare. Not the best way of learning on 100k car
    I heard different way , you read original kvm , add keys by dump tool, then write to new MCU. Only thing is need to spend time to desolder and solder MCU.As I understand there is OTP area in place where keys are and can not be rewrite . I maybe wrong , but this is what I read before. Never done one , I hate those cars
    Last edited by immoneard; 3rd June, 2021 at 05:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast