Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Volvo S80 2007 does not start after mileage correction

Hi guys.

I ran into a problem. I have bought some cheap Chinese tool and wanted to see if it is working and adjusted the mileage of my car. That resulted in car not starting after a drive unless I wait 15-20minutes or reconnect the battery. VIDA is showing me few faults related to the odometer change (picture attached).

I have tried to write the original eeprom, however I was driving before so I did not succeeded in that.

We have tried to change the mileage again with DP4, no luck, fault remains.

I know that mileage is stored in DIM and CEM.

Is there a way to synchronise these two modules so the mileage matches and cars does not have these problems?

What is the tool that I should use to get out of this situation and what are the steps for that? Is OBD play enough or I should do BDM in DIM and CEM?

Maybe somebody could recommend me the tool that could do more than odometer correction - for example Volvo language change, general flashing, reading eeprom, etc? Would be great if the tool would support other brands too.

I am basically looking for more general tool to fix my odometer, change language and if it could work for me in future.

Any help or thoughts are much appreciated, thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by manlu; 8th March, 2021 at 06:11 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Try to enter 987654 km
    Last edited by Berubeg; 9th March, 2021 at 06:32 PM.