Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Tutorial on how to repair Renault / Dacia MediaNav Clasic with dead NAND memory

After several years of membership in this community, I thought to upload a small guide to repair the MediaNav Classic with dead NAND flash.
    When you enter WinCe mode, if Storage Card 1, 2, 3, 4 are invisible, it means that the NAND memory of the device has gone to heaven.

By the way, as a method of entering the Win CE mode, I recommend the short between R1022 and ground. This has always worked for me, whether the NAND was dead or not.

This method requires knowledge of electronics and a lot of attention.
    Normally, the most effective method is to solder a new NAND, but given that LG smart people thought of sticking some super glue under it, this is very difficult and can damage the board.
    I, one, admit, I pull them out, because I have no intention of putting another one back in.

We need:
    1. A 4GB MicroSD card + MicroSD to SD adapter (I understood that 8 GB would work, but I didn't test it). I used a 4GB Maxcell class 10 card.
    2. Wire soldering tools (letcon, soldering gun, flux, solder etc)
    3. An image with the firmware that you can download here: https://mega.nz/file/GU9ERaaI#4_gFY9...BW3Pq8mB9CUe6Y
    4. The win32diskimager program that you can download here: https://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD...k-Imager.shtml

Next.

First and foremost install the win32diskimager program and then open it. Insert the microSD card into the PC / laptop. Click on the icon with that little blue folder and select the ISO with the firmware so that it looks something like this:

1.jpg

To the left of the blue folder under "Device" select the letter that corresponds to the microSD card.
    Then press "Write" and wait for the magic to end.

Now comes the interesting part. Personally, I soldered a SD to microSD adapter in which I inserted the microSD so that if it breaks I don't have to solder another one in place, just program it and insert it in the adapter. One tip, try to use as short wires as possible, it didn't work for me with some 10cm wires and I cut them in half. I lost 2 days because of this.

Open the navigation, remove the motherboard and turn it upside down. The joints are made according to the picture below.

1p.jpg

If all is well, when you insert the microSD card in the adapter and start the navigation, it should start in the main menu. Or ask for the code.
    I hope this guide was helpful. I peeked at dozens of small resolution pictures until I learned how to do it.

I read somewhere that the old NAND must be removed from the board or L1000 (the power supply coil for the NAND) in order to work. I don't know, I didn't check with the NAND soldered, I take out their NANDs completely and it works.

For those who do not have SD to microSD adapter and want to solder the card directly to the board, skip pin 4 in the picture above. Pins 4 and 7 are grounded and common in adapters, but beware of poor adapters, some have pins 4 and 7 not soldered together inside the adapter, so it's best to solder both wires to mainboard ground.

Good Luck !

2. The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to xmasterboss For This Useful Post:

A3fDevil666 (10th May, 2021), alc (21st May, 2022), alonedark (20th March, 2023), Anydraj (9th May, 2023), audiopoint (6th May, 2021), autocargo (28th March, 2021), autocentarvu (28th April, 2023), Bariffo (1st February, 2024), BusCan (27th March, 2021), Danken126 (6th October, 2022), detailer (1st February, 2022), E82 (20th October, 2023), electro10 (17th August, 2023), enigmaelectroni (30th March, 2021), fuzz1 (28th March, 2021), gobe (7th May, 2021), Handle28 (6th May, 2021), jokas (11th July, 2021), Louislesinge (10th May, 2021), mandrivalinuxx (26th February, 2023), mardude (27th March, 2021), Marianopalen (15th March, 2023), matasanos (10th January, 2023), metaleks (10th December, 2021), Mezz_cro (14th May, 2021), momogsm (27th March, 2021), Mouraddu13015 (15th October, 2021), MRAWZIN (7th August, 2021), NONO59 (13th November, 2022), ollync (27th March, 2021), RIMKACHIP (6th July, 2021), sandocan75 (4th April, 2021), skens (23rd February, 2023), tomic19 (20th April, 2021), vcbenatti (6th May, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xmasterboss View Post
    After several years of membership in this community, I thought to upload a small guide to repair the MediaNav Classic with dead NAND flash.
    When you enter WinCe mode, if Storage Card 1, 2, 3, 4 are invisible, it means that the NAND memory of the device has gone to heaven.

By the way, as a method of entering the Win CE mode, I recommend the short between R1022 and ground. This has always worked for me, whether the NAND was dead or not.

This method requires knowledge of electronics and a lot of attention.
    Normally, the most effective method is to solder a new NAND, but given that LG smart people thought of sticking some super glue under it, this is very difficult and can damage the board.
    I, one, admit, I pull them out, because I have no intention of putting another one back in.

We need:
    1. A 4GB MicroSD card + MicroSD to SD adapter (I understood that 8 GB would work, but I didn't test it). I used a 4GB Maxcell class 10 card.
    2. Wire soldering tools (letcon, soldering gun, flux, solder etc)
    3. An image with the firmware that you can download here: https://mega.nz/file/GU9ERaaI#4_gFY9...BW3Pq8mB9CUe6Y
    4. The win32diskimager program that you can download here: https://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD...k-Imager.shtml

Next.

First and foremost install the win32diskimager program and then open it. Insert the microSD card into the PC / laptop. Click on the icon with that little blue folder and select the ISO with the firmware so that it looks something like this:

1.jpg

To the left of the blue folder under "Device" select the letter that corresponds to the microSD card.
    Then press "Write" and wait for the magic to end.

Now comes the interesting part. Personally, I soldered a SD to microSD adapter in which I inserted the microSD so that if it breaks I don't have to solder another one in place, just program it and insert it in the adapter. One tip, try to use as short wires as possible, it didn't work for me with some 10cm wires and I cut them in half. I lost 2 days because of this.

Open the navigation, remove the motherboard and turn it upside down. The joints are made according to the picture below.

1p.jpg

If all is well, when you insert the microSD card in the adapter and start the navigation, it should start in the main menu. Or ask for the code.
    I hope this guide was helpful. I peeked at dozens of small resolution pictures until I learned how to do it.

I read somewhere that the old NAND must be removed from the board or L1000 (the power supply coil for the NAND) in order to work. I don't know, I didn't check with the NAND soldered, I take out their NANDs completely and it works.

For those who do not have SD to microSD adapter and want to solder the card directly to the board, skip pin 4 in the picture above. Pins 4 and 7 are grounded and common in adapters, but beware of poor adapters, some have pins 4 and 7 not soldered together inside the adapter, so it's best to solder both wires to mainboard ground.

Good Luck !
    Thank you very much for all this is explanation Very good work

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BusCan For This Useful Post:

detailer (1st February, 2022), Handle28 (6th May, 2021), omarfrem (23rd July, 2023), xmasterboss (29th March, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BusCan View Post
    Thank you very much for all this is explanation Very good work
    Hi there xmasterboss!I have this problem in a MN1 (from 2014 Renault Duster)…Renault + LG screen stuck and with light blinks (every 4 seconds), all the Storage Devices were invisible in Windows CE (I accessed using file NK.bin in USB flash drive formatted in FAT32)…I followed your tutorial, put the 406_naviEU_janusz.img file on a new micro sd card (SanDisk Ultra C10 16 gb) through the win32 disk imager, removed the NAND memory using heat and I decided to install the soldered micro sd directly on the resistors and removed the R1021 and R1022. It worked really well. However, after starting the MN1, the Renault + LG logo was still stuck and with light blinks (every 4 seconds). Starting windows CE (using the NK.bin file on a USB flash drive) I noticed that all Storage Cards were still invisible, but the items MD (USB flash drive to access win CE), MD2, MD3 and MD4 appeared. Could you help me with this problem please? I've been trying to solve this for over a week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vcbenatti View Post
    Hi there xmasterboss!I have this problem in a MN1 (from 2014 Renault Duster)…Renault + LG screen stuck and with light blinks (every 4 seconds), all the Storage Devices were invisible in Windows CE (I accessed using file NK.bin in USB flash drive formatted in FAT32)…I followed your tutorial, put the 406_naviEU_janusz.img file on a new micro sd card (SanDisk Ultra C10 16 gb) through the win32 disk imager, removed the NAND memory using heat and I decided to install the soldered micro sd directly on the resistors and removed the R1021 and R1022. It worked really well. However, after starting the MN1, the Renault + LG logo was still stuck and with light blinks (every 4 seconds). Starting windows CE (using the NK.bin file on a USB flash drive) I noticed that all Storage Cards were still invisible, but the items MD (USB flash drive to access win CE), MD2, MD3 and MD4 appeared. Could you help me with this problem please? I've been trying to solve this for over a week
    Flashing light means it can't access the memory card.
    Try a different SD Card. A smaller one. Never tested with 16GB. Also, you don't need to remove R1021 and R1022. Also try soldering shorter wires to the SD card. I've sugested to use a SD Card adapter because soldering directly to the microSD can damage the memory card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Goodnight friend! Unfortunately, I was unable to adapt the SD card. In no way was it recognized by the Motherboard, I tried to adapt it with a new 8gb SD card, short wiring and nothing. But in order not to render the MN1 useless, I chose to compromise the MN1's USB port with a flash drive containing the NAND image you provided and a modified NK.bin file from a French forum to force the flash drive to boot. The lock screen appeared to enter the PIN code. By the numbering of the barcode (code 281155129RTR801) on the metallic structure of the MN1, the PIN code is 8135. However, on the screen it always says that the code is incorrect (Nieprawidłowy PIN System jest zablokowany Zaczekaj) would you know the solution to this problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Try dacia renault code app from android playstore. Just scan the serial number from the device. App is free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vcbenatti View Post
    Goodnight friend! Unfortunately, I was unable to adapt the SD card. In no way was it recognized by the Motherboard, I tried to adapt it with a new 8gb SD card, short wiring and nothing. But in order not to render the MN1 useless, I chose to compromise the MN1's USB port with a flash drive containing the NAND image you provided and a modified NK.bin file from a French forum to force the flash drive to boot. The lock screen appeared to enter the PIN code. By the numbering of the barcode (code 281155129RTR801) on the metallic structure of the MN1, the PIN code is 8135. However, on the screen it always says that the code is incorrect (Nieprawidłowy PIN System jest zablokowany Zaczekaj) would you know the solution to this problem?
    Maybe bootloader corupted? Try resoldering R1021 and R1022 I think it doesn't work without them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xmasterboss For This Useful Post:

RIMKACHIP (31st July, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks bro for sharing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not NAND
    it's EMMC

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    956 Posts

Hi !
    Have somebody connections of power supply for power on the radio on the bench ?

BR,
    Carradio2001.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello guys.. can you confirm to me the values of r1021 and r1022? i've broken the r1022 and i need to replace him

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

please can someboy uplload NK. bin for star in windows ce i try some diferens files but no works im not sure this fies are ok

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts

I can programing emmc with sd card reader no problem
    Last edited by RadioChiP; 20th April, 2023 at 09:09 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Hi all,

I have a radio model LAN5200WR1, that everything works (multimedia, GPS, etc) but radio no. No sound, no FM frequency saved, no FM frequency appears; radio is "freezed".
    Someone has this problem before?

thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

audio connection medianav.jpg
    hope this works for you!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to corfumadness For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast