m8s red light, help required
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default m8s red light, help required

hi, i've had an m8s box for a short while now and i successfully managed to flash openelec on it initially...however, it started acting strange so i decided that i would reset the software and then it was being a nightmare after that. would not open repo's in kodi and if it did would fail to install selected addons and was being an all round pain in the neck. i then decided to update the openelec via codesnake to 6.0.3 via the toothpick method and whilst it looked like it was working lovely i have ended up with a bricked box with a red light i have since followed the burnbootcard method which did not work and then the usb burning tool method to unbrick it but that keeps throwing up errors at 1%. have i completely knackered it up or may i be doing something wrong, maybe the wrong files? going round in circles now so thought i would ask the guys here. any help majorly appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sticking that toothpick in couldn't have done any good😉. Thats the trouble when you start messing with things. No doubt I will be in the same position as you next week😄.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

These boxes are a minefield as you have to have the correct firmware for certain models and some are clone as well. I assume that you have an m8s s812 try M8S_S812_2GB_26102015 zip file loaded onto sd card. Have read about trying older firmwares to get up and running again. hth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

if usb burning tool throwing errors then you loading the wrong firmware.