m8s red light, help required
Register
    Thanks

Default m8s red light, help required

hi, i've had an m8s box for a short while now and i successfully managed to flash openelec on it initially...however, it started acting strange so i decided that i would reset the software and then it was being a nightmare after that. would not open repo's in kodi and if it did would fail to install selected addons and was being an all round pain in the neck. i then decided to update the openelec via codesnake to 6.0.3 via the toothpick method and whilst it looked like it was working lovely i have ended up with a bricked box with a red light i have since followed the burnbootcard method which did not work and then the usb burning tool method to unbrick it but that keeps throwing up errors at 1%. have i completely knackered it up or may i be doing something wrong, maybe the wrong files? going round in circles now so thought i would ask the guys here. any help majorly appreciated

Thanks

Sticking that toothpick in couldn't have done any good😉. Thats the trouble when you start messing with things. No doubt I will be in the same position as you next week😄.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks

These boxes are a minefield as you have to have the correct firmware for certain models and some are clone as well. I assume that you have an m8s s812 try M8S_S812_2GB_26102015 zip file loaded onto sd card. Have read about trying older firmwares to get up and running again. hth

Thanks

if usb burning tool throwing errors then you loading the wrong firmware.