Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Peugeot RCZ/308 2011 F65A fault code

Hi

Am trying to troubleshoot an airbag/pretensioner fault with the fault code “F65A Crash information wire connection fault”

The car originally operated OK for about 4 months then started to get the occasional Airbag Fault warning message whilst driving which appeared to disappear by itself without having to reset the ignition so clearly a temporary fault. As things progressed the warning would apprar and then would only clear after an ignition reset . Currently the warning appears 1minute after the engine is started.

The car has driver and pass airbags, seat side airbags and seat belt pre-tensioners (SRS). Also has the pedestrian impact protection system (PPS) where the bonnet pops up upon sufficient impact with a pedestrian.

Scanning using PSA DiagBox shows all systems clear and working except for the above fault code from within the airbag/seat belt system. On other cars the PPS has been known to trigger the SRS warning message.

So we have done the following since the above fault code is not area specific

1. Disabled and coded out the PPS so the vehicle and ECU believe that that system was never fitted or enabled on the car.
    2. Checked the clock spring in the steering column.
    3. Checked and disconnected all pyro devices, ran a scan and as expected got legitimate range of errors for those parts being inoperative or not present. Reconnected all devices and reinitialised the SRS, all fault codes cleared themselves except for the F65A error which I am still unable to clear since it must now be permanent. The PPS is still currently disabled.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what may be causing the F65A error. My research indicates the SRS has an ECU mounted on the transmission tunnel which contains an accelerometer and there appears to be no other forward mounted impact sensor though the documentation may be lying. The seat side airbags are triggered by left and right satellite impact sensors in the rear quarter panels to detect side impacts but these have tested as OK. It could be the SRS has an additional front mounted sensor somewhere but I can’t locate it. There is an impact sensor for the PPS mounted on the front crash bar but this seems to test as clear when the PPS was operative plus it has a fibre optic sensor in the bumper shell to detect physically hitting an object – the PPS system will not trigger the airbags only the bonnet lifters. Clearly if you hit a solid object the whole lot will fire if the deceleration is great enough.

Any advice help appreciated since even having the correct PSA diagnostic equipment has left me none the wiser. The SRS is from Autoliv and the vehicle has never been subject to an impact.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

i think who knows why but ecu detect crash, you cant rapair with a pps, you need read eprom from airbag ecu, post here and ask for clear file the you reead in the eprom with a programmer, or buy new one, but reprogram your ecu its more cheaper

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Hi
    I would check live data and note anything out of range from airbag ECU. To me it seems like a bad wiring. An intermittent fault recorded as permanent after fault has been detected a number of times.

Yep read airbag ECU. Probably autoliv ECU in there. However if fault hasn't been fixed same thing will happen

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Is this mater resolved?
    Please explain what you did to fix it, tbanks!