Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

First of all, thanks for your help friends.

The initial problem was that when programming an EDC17C60 with a KTM Bench it stopped over 12% and part of the internal flash of the mic is erased.
    The KTM Bench continues to identify the ECU but it won't let me read or write because it gives me an incorrect password error.
    So I wanted to try to recover the ECU with the Ktag, but connecting the ECU by pinout and Boot mode does not recognize it and does not allow me to load the backup.
    This is why I thought that I could communicate through that port as in the EDC16 to be able to recover the ecu. But if you tell me that it is the same as connecting the cables to the pins of the ecu, then I imagine that it will not communicate with the katag even if I use the adapter.

Regards
    If my post was helpful press Thanks button!!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

you have to wait for gpt cable mate..and recover will be ok

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rfernandes View Post
    you have to wait for gpt cable mate..and recover will be ok
    I already have gpt cable, what I don’t have is 14P600KT04 adapter and 14P600KT03 cable.
    But even with gpt cable connected the Ktag can’t comunicate with ecu.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

when you try to do that you use protocol menu or you go on brand type?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

when you try to do that you use protocol menu or you go on brand type?
    I tried both and same result.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

when you plug the pins from cables to ecu,there is any strengh or go easy?if it go easy try to close a little bit the pins from the cables

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

when you plug the pins from cables to ecu,there is any strengh or go easy?if it go easy try to close a little bit the pins from the cables
    There is any strengh. I can read and write other good EDC17C60 that I have here whitout any problem with the same cable and same ktag

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marcolr View Post
    First of all, thanks for your help friends.

The initial problem was that when programming an EDC17C60 with a KTM Bench it stopped over 12% and part of the internal flash of the mic is erased.
    The KTM Bench continues to identify the ECU but it won't let me read or write because it gives me an incorrect password error.
    So I wanted to try to recover the ECU with the Ktag, but connecting the ECU by pinout and Boot mode does not recognize it and does not allow me to load the backup.
    This is why I thought that I could communicate through that port as in the EDC16 to be able to recover the ecu. But if you tell me that it is the same as connecting the cables to the pins of the ecu, then I imagine that it will not communicate with the katag even if I use the adapter.

Regards
    Yes, right!
    I suppose it was china clone ... expected ... Upload backup files maybe someone generate pwd.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to proel For This Useful Post:

marcolr (14th April, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by proel View Post
    Yes, right!
    I suppose it was china clone ... expected ... Upload backup files maybe someone generate pwd.
    Yes, you suppose well. It was with a china clone KTM Bench.

I upload the flash and eeprom to see if someone can calculate the password

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Hi Frend. Did you read your beckup before you started uploading Ktm? And for Ktag you need to do boot mode. Open the driver and connect the boot pin to pin 6 of the processor (gray cable with a crocodile clip), otherwise you will not be able to read it.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elektronik325 View Post
    Hi Frend. Did you read your beckup before you started uploading Ktm? And for Ktag you need to do boot mode. Open the driver and connect the boot pin to pin 6 of the processor (gray cable with a crocodile clip), otherwise you will not be able to read it.
    Yes, I read backup before had any problems. An yes, I already open the ecu and connected boot mode to try recover with Ktag. And I tried with module 53 of KTM Bench using boot mode and the KTM connect with the ecu but canīt read or write because the problem of password

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

And how did you take the ktm reading. Did you write down your password? If so, try to give him this file and he should upload the ori read file. I noticed that Ktm has a problem with the checksum of the file. And when you upload a modified file, it will not be able to upload it correctly. If you don't have a saved password. It remains for you to upload the Ktag. directly beckup. If you try to read it, it won't go. And separately uploading only immediately beckup.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elektronik325 View Post
    And how did you take the ktm reading. Did you write down your password? If so, try to give him this file and he should upload the ori read file. I noticed that Ktm has a problem with the checksum of the file. And when you upload a modified file, it will not be able to upload it correctly. If you don't have a saved password. It remains for you to upload the Ktag. directly beckup. If you try to read it, it won't go. And separately uploading only immediately beckup.
    I read the files (flash and eeprom) by KTM Bench without open ecu. After I write a modified file and all was well. The car start and runs perfectly, but after a few starts the car stops to start because of the problem that you say. Then I try to upload the original file to start the car and was here where the KTM stops in the middle of process.
    I donīt have the password because I donīt read it before.
    With Ktag I already tried all (read full backup, read flash, read eeprom, write flash, write eerpom and write a full backup of other ecu with identical part number because I donīt have full backup of this ecu) and same result in all tries. The Ktag canīt comunicate or
    identify the ecu.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marcolr View Post
    The Ktag canīt comunicate or identify the ecu.
    That is what is the problem! You may need a replacement ECU.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

I get it. It's strange since he uploaded and it was ok for a pair of start car. I would say it's the driver's fault. Since you didn't open the ECU sooner, you don't have one to beckup. Because katak tracks it via GPT and it must additionally be in boot mode to pin 6 of the processor gray katag boot cable. Otherwise it won't be read by katagas. Well, it's not good that you don't have the processor password. And if you connect the driver to the car, do you still connect?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to elektronik325 For This Useful Post:

marcolr (14th April, 2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast