Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Peugeot PSARC441-75 Vin & Cheksum

Hi,

Can anyone please help me?

I am trying to fit a used radio (PSARCD 441-75) into a Peugeot. I understand the radio is Vin coded and i think i have edited the new Vin Number correctly but find that the radio still beeps. Having read on this forum that I require a Checksum, can anyone help me with this please?

I have seen Checksum calculators but which one do I used? How is this done? Can anyone with patience explain the procedure? I am near totally ignorant of Checksums but eager to learn.

i have attached a dump 24c64 Vin Number VF7SA5FS0BW577865

Thank you.

Kindest regards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRead View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone please help me?

I am trying to fit a used radio (PSARCD 441-75) into a Peugeot. I understand the radio is Vin coded and i think i have edited the new Vin Number correctly but find that the radio still beeps. Having read on this forum that I require a Checksum, can anyone help me with this please?

I have seen Checksum calculators but which one do I used? How is this done? Can anyone with patience explain the procedure? I am near totally ignorant of Checksums but eager to learn.

i have attached a dump 24c64 Vin Number VF7SA5FS0BW577865

Thank you.

Kindest regards.

Hi, try this file.................

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bogege For This Useful Post:

budata (13th April, 2021), CodeRead (13th April, 2021), Decode Ghost (13th April, 2021), irfa (14th April, 2021), nelutzul40 (13th April, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi bogege, thank you very much for your speedy reply and for the edited file. I have tried to download it but keep getting the message that I have to log on first. I am already logged on, when I try to log on again to download the file I am told that my password is incorrect, even though I've just used the password to log on, if that makes sense. I must be logged on to reply to you. I am desperate to sort this radio and very grateful for your time, what do you think I might be doing wrong? Is there another way you can send the file to me?

Kind regards

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,618 Posts

Hi bogege, thank you very much for your speedy reply and for the edited file. I have tried to download it but keep getting the message that I have to log on first. I am already logged on, when I try to log on again to download the file I am told that my password is incorrect, even though I've just used the password to log on, if that makes sense. I must be logged on to reply to you. I am desperate to sort this radio and very grateful for your time, what do you think I might be doing wrong? Is there another way you can send the file to me?

Kind regards
    Here.................. https://gofile.io/d/2rFCR2

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogege For This Useful Post:

CodeRead (14th April, 2021), irfa (14th April, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi bogege,

Thanks once more for the file.

Now I did say, 'is there anyone with patience'. Well I've double clicked the file you were kind enough to send to me and its taken me to Gofile to download.

I've downloaded the Zip to my Desktop.

When I double click the Zip it gives me the message

'C:\User|admin AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$D132.354\24c64 Peu PSARCD 441-75_modified_vin_VF7SA5FS0BW577865 (1).rar

The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

Sorry to be a pain - I am trying to sort this for someone who is going through a whole pile of sh*t at the moment and just trying to take this little thing of his list.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Kind regards

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,321 Posts

Not double click...right click and ,,extract here,,....

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nelutzul40 For This Useful Post:

CodeRead (14th April, 2021), irfa (14th April, 2021), shooting (14th April, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi nelutzul40,

Thank you for your advice, I have tried one click and extract here and get the message 'No archives found'. I have looked at the properties and the file size is 2.41KB (2,473 bytes), I don't get it. I have managed to open other zipped files on my desktop.

Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you.

Kind regards.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,618 Posts

Hi nelutzul40,

Thank you for your advice, I have tried one click and extract here and get the message 'No archives found'. I have looked at the properties and the file size is 2.41KB (2,473 bytes), I don't get it. I have managed to open other zipped files on my desktop.

Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you.

Kind regards.
    Try open it here.....................https://extract.me/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bogege For This Useful Post:

Albert G (15th April, 2021), CodeRead (15th April, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Bogege, that's done it!!!

Thank you sooooooo much for your patience, my friend and I really appreciate your time and the effort you have afforded us. I just need to get the file into the radio now which I will do later.

Have a great day.

Thank you.

Kindest regards.