Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default FORD PCM - U2101 after module programming

Hi,

Here is Ford Transit Custom.
    My problem is PCM module went wrong, we order new PCM module (same part number.)
    We programmed module with Ford IDS (with VCM2 and original license), after PCM have U2101 error code.
    (U2101 - Control module configuration incompatible.) And dash write "Engine malfunction. Service now."
    (I see other forums this error code also occurs in others after try module programming with Ford IDS.)

So my question.. How to delete this error code? What should I do?
    Maybe an good VBF file (calibration file) solve the problem? Where can I get it?

PCM Part number: BK21-12A650-AC

Thanks,
    Laszlo
    Last edited by bendix2; 15th April, 2021 at 12:32 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

try maybe you will find something here www.motorcraftservice.com
    or someone who has UCDS will help

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

thats not the correct calibration number thats only part number.
    on door post you should see sticker which will tell you correct calibration number then download it from link pawl gave you.
    i would personally do pcm trick as if it was blank then program new pcm because ids does copy your existing data from one ecu to other but ori ecu may be corrupt.
    if you let me know pcm number i may be able to help with backup file
    Last edited by treble6; 16th April, 2021 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by treble6 View Post
    thats not the correct calibration number thats only part number.
    on door post you should see sticker which will tell you correct calibration number then download it from link pawl gave you.
    i would personally do pcm trick as if it was blank then program new pcm because ids does copy your existing data from one ecu to other but ori ecu may be corrupt.
    if you let me know pcm number i may be able to help with backup file
    This is old PCM:
    this pcm was good before we wanted to read it with ktag. we wanted to read and make dpf off, but bad connection broken this pcm. So we order used pcm.
    old_pcm.JPG

This is new )used) PCM:
    new_used_pcm.jpg
    We put it to car and try module programming with ids and learn keys, nothing more. After that U2101.

This is door sticker:
    IMG_20210416_150651.jpg

Car working, engine start, only this "malfunction" problem.
    Now we would like to solving this error code. if problem will be solved, then we try again dpf off, but now not with ktag, rather we want to put emulator.

So now we only want to solve this problem.
    Thank you for help!
    Last edited by bendix2; 16th April, 2021 at 02:20 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

You need to program in proper calibration because the calibration that is currently on it the ecm/pcm is looking for modules that do not apply to the vehicle... Its always best to find donor with same software part # but at the least for either the tears tag numbers or the pcm hardware numbers are the same (example pcm122 replaced with pcm122 ) .. as far as loading a different pcm software part number you just need to leave ignition of when prompted to turn on eventually software will ask you to enter calibration part number and then will flash with specified calibration you entered... Goodluck...
    Solidarity with Ukraine