Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default UMI - MDI Bluetooth module update 5N0035729B SW315 to 5N0035729A SW592

Hello,
    I would like to update my existing module 5N0.035.729.B with SW315 to 5N0.035.729.A SW592, because only for FRF update file is available.
    There are 5N0_B with SW.592 and both have same HW05 so I think it could be possible, but I don't know what to change in EEPROM to make it work.

Durring update proces with VCP it stops after RSA signing. First step of flashing goes OK.

In attachment EEPROM for "B".

Anyone have EEPROM for "A" or could help me what to edit in existing one?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello, I have “A” with SW315. I have VCP, but I dont know what is the starting address and size.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What do You mean? I read whole EEPROM with ch341a and thats all.

Now I'm after update with use of ODIS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had 5N0035729A with SW0315. I checked that latest firmware is 0592 and I updated with VCP. The update completed successfully, but after the update a problem occured. When someone calls me, he hears his own echo on his phone. I checked all the coding and adaptations in the module and it didnt fix the problem. So I bought another one second hand 5N0035729A with SW0315. When I switched the two modules in the car, problem disappear and there is no echo. When I put the flashed with 0592 - problem. So now I have two modules - one with SW0315 working normally and one with SW0592 (flashed with VCP) which has echo when someone calls me.
    VCP has option to up/download EEPROM, but I cannot succeed in this. I saw from your EEPROM that the size is 4096 bytes, but I dont know at which address the EEPROM starts in the firmware. So my other option is to buy ch341a and read the EEPROM from the working module with 0315 and then write it to the problematic module with 0592.
    What exact software you used with ch341a to read the EEPROM?
    If I read the EEPROM from 0315 and 0592 module I will send it to you.