Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Lightbulb Tutorial: Clarion PS-2599D lost code

Hi guys, today I have make some step by step tutorial how to read lost code from car radio Clarion PS-2599D (in Suzuki Vitara).
    Radio code in this radio is stored in memory chip ATMEL 93C46, so i decided to unsolder it off (not sure if its possible to read it safe onboard), read on bench with UPA, solder back and done.

What we need:
    - small flat screwdriver
    - phllips screwdriver
    - Hot air station, solder, flux
    - 93C46 reader (i use UPA)

Procedure:

1. Remove screws from sides and back
    2. Carefully remove front panel with flat screwdriver (clips on each side)
    3. Now gently lift up CD drive (pay attention for the ribbon cable) and put it beside, there is no need to unplug cable.
    4. On rear left side of board find 93C46 chip
    photo_2021-04-19_09-23-40.jpg

5. With hot air blow of that chip (be carefull to nearby components, dont be afraid to use more flux)
    photo_2021-04-19_09-23-44.jpg

6. connect or solder to your reader ( on picture is UPA USB, with adapter) and read out that dump
    photo_2021-04-19_09-23-50.jpg

7. On my dump you see 3rd (11) and 4th (51) byte in HEX. Now you swap it and thats your code (5111)
    notice: on 5th byte (45) is (I think) a counter of failed code attempts (what do you thing guys?), as I was unsure, I dont do any modification on this byte.

photo_2021-04-19_09-23-47.jpg

8. Solder back that chip ( again, use more flux), solder carefully, check pins if are properly soldered (if not or shortened radio wont start), assemble radio, attach front panel.

9. Now you can connect it back to car, or test it on bench. Give radio some juice on pins as shown below:

photo_2021-04-19_10-15-48.jpg

10. If you see ---- you have to wait, for timer (15 min), hold it powered. If you see "CODE 0000" you then enter the readed code and thats all folks.

Remember, every time you disconnect radio from battery source, it will lock and you must enter code.

Some questions on end to discuss:

- Its possible (have someone tried) to read / write on 93C46 on board?
    - Am i right, if I think that the 5th (and maybe also 6th) byte is lock counter?

If you have some other ideas, comments feel free to post it here. We doing it for community.....

Thank you guys for your attention and sorry for my English
    Last edited by joly007; 19th April, 2021 at 09:33 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joly007 For This Useful Post:

AlexDi (7th May, 2022), audiopoint (20th April, 2021), dashradio (26th April, 2021), gabriel pablo (21st April, 2021)