Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Honda Civic 2015 odometer show only ------

Hi

I have issue with Honda Civic from 2015. After oil replacement I notice that my odometer is not showing any value, only " ------- ". Mechanic is saying that he did not do anything with odometer (even when he connected PC to the OBDII).
    The same issue is with Trip A and B, only " -----".
    Range for vehicle is decreasing during driving, then sensor in the gerabox shall be OK.
    Rest information at iMID screen is showing OK.

I disconnected batteries for a 15 min, but it did not help.
    I started internal diagnostic procedure, and everything was OK.

Can anyone met already this issue ?
    This is my fathers car, and he did not play with odometer updtate.
    At the weenend I'll visit my Father and I can check some thinks, but for now I don't have any clue where to look for .

Thank you in advance.

BR wojtekroman

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

New dump, that's all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi
    Can you tell me :
    a) Is EEPROM with milage located inside IMID (wher reverse camera is displayed) or in the cluster with RPM indicator in the fornt of the steering wheel.
    b) Can it work with dump file from other car, or it has to be extracted from oryginal one? I'm affraid that EEPROM died, and I would not have access to oryginal dump file.
    Thank you in advance

PS. I chcanged iMID, and milage is still not visible. Looks like EEPROM is in the main cluster (where RPM is placed). I found it there S93C76AD. I'll need to check am I able to read it.
    Last edited by wojtekroman; 9th May, 2021 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jetronic30 View Post
    New dump, that's all
    CAN I use any data from eny EEPROM, or I have to read my current one and update milage?
    I heard that in cluster there is stored VIN of car, then probably I'll need to use my current EEPROM data to don't loose VIN.
    If right now milage is not available, then I'm affraid that some data has been lost (VIN , millage or anything else), or whole EEPROM died.
    I can buy next dashborad and replace it but then I'll need to explain to the CIVIC that it's a dashboard which is the correct one.
    Can any one tell me what data in EEPROM need to be changed to have fully function cluster?
    BR wojtekroman