Register
    Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Simtec 71.1 Z18XE reading without a car on the desk

I need help and someone’s great experience. I tried to read the Simter ECU computer on the desktop as instructed by Carprog and the I / O terminal. Without success. I worked with tools: Delphy, Carprog-clon, Abritus SWCI - clon. None of these tools were able to connect to the ECU.
    Does anyone have experience and whether he was able to connect to a desktop without a car so that he could diagnose or program the ECU.
    I tried with three ECUs so I doubt they are correct. All three ECUs are unlikely to be defective.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Solved the problem: Since I don't work with cars, I got the ECU as a 1.8 Opel Simtec computer. And I was trying to read it like Simtec across the K line.
    The computer labels are as follows:
    5EK9182
    When I started google I found out that it is a computer: ECU Vectra C SIMTEC 71.5 which is read via CAN communication
    I successfully read the ECU.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RadovanPetkovic; 22nd May, 2021 at 09:42 AM.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Let me clarify some more things. I believe that most car mechanics know that.
    Replacement procedure:
    The first procedure as a rule. The PIN of the donor computer is read. The tools for that are SVCI Abrites, Carprog, OpCOM ..... With these tools you can reset the ECU computer and make it a factory new virgin.
    After that, register it in the CIM module immobilizer with the car PIN code. Nothing easier. But the problem is the PIN codes of the donor ECU computer and car. If I don't know, for some reason these devices can't read and calculate the PIN. Big problem.

Another simpler solution is to read the Eeprom from the car. And write all that content into the donor ECU computer. So if it is not possible to do it this way as described in the first way.
    This avoids resetting the computer's ECU because it is limited to only ten resetts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RadovanPetkovic For This Useful Post:

chupocro (7th September, 2022), p38 (17th August, 2022)