Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Opel Vectra B 1.8 16v

Hello friends, i have big problem, with these car. So, i got car with problem when it starts it dies after few min. I opened ecu and found few bad wires, repaired it and put it back on car. Now car Is runing fine and no fault codes, only one for AC sistem. But problem is, you start car for first time and it starts normal, and work normal until you turn it off,when you shut it down, after few sec or few min working, even an hour working, it wont start again, you have to wait sometimes 2-3min sometime 10-15min and it starts again like new, and works perfect. When it wont start it feels like its timimg belt problem, and feels like its about to start, but no luck. I suspected ecu problem, so i borrowed working car from friend, chaned ecu with key and immo box, crank and camshaft sensor, coil pack, checked fuel pressure, injectors, and timing marks, all is good, and im out of ideas, car is seeing Rpms and it turn immobiliser off every time but in immobiliser i have fault B3059 No Engine Request. I know its lot of informations, but hopes someone can give me some idea.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    241 Posts

Some ideas:
    When it does not start, try to connect with the diagnosis on the engine ECU. If you fail, you should check the route from terminal 7 of the Immobox (brown and white wire) to terminal 5 of the X67 socket of the ECU.
    If everything is fine here (and the engine ECU is good, because you tried another one), you should check the feeding with +12 permanently and + 12v at ignition and GND directly on the engine ECU. (If you don't know all the pins, we can help you).
    Do not forget to press Thanks and Reputation buttons!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sebage For This Useful Post:

Blanco (2nd June, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You checked signals from ecu to injectors and coil when car dies? Your ecu simtec 56.5 or simtec 70(one or two connectors)?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    464 Posts

3 things to check:
    1. ground wire to ecu case (put a wire from chassis to ecu case),
    2. bad coil pack (change it with another one and another one and so on, untill you get one that doesn't put your ecu in protection. That is why you have the immo error. The ecu enters in protection and get disconnected from immo box. ),
    3. See the vacuum hose if it's cracked or loosen. The one from the throttle to the canister electrovalve
    And 4... see if your fuel pump is not loosing fuel pressure under the regulator, or on the return hose...

Most probably, point #2 is your problem. In ecu you have dtc p1600, p0170 and p0606? Or it does not connect with diagnose when it doesn't start at all? Immo light is blinking at every second when your car doesn't start? If yes, change the coil pack, as i said. If no changes... your ecu is suffering the same known problems with cold joints inside.
    Btw. The AC dtc is there because your ecu is not programmed for your car's VIN.
    Last edited by volodin69; 6th June, 2021 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sorry for not replying guys, thanks for help and ideas, unfortunately i didnt solve these one, i sended car to older colleague. He fixed it, and said he did something with camshaft signal, but didnt tell me what, i know ecu was good and wires weren't broken so he did something else but until i discover it myself i wont know. Thanks a lot for help!

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Ask your friend to post on here more details

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid