Register
    Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Default Lexus Smart key Immo location Help

Hello everyone,

I have a situation with a 2008 Lexus GS Smart key all keys lost. (LHD)

AVDI is unable to emergency start the car via the emulator (saying unsupported model) as well as unable to reset the immo ECU via OBD.
    I tried it via Lonsdor as well but no success.

Could anyone help me with the location of the Immo ECU so I can program an emergency transponder form the immo dump ?

Correct me if I am wrong but I should be able to start it with only the Immo dumb without needing the IDbox data.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

In the USA the smart ecu is the rear right wheel well (inside the trunk). But most common problem is customer press the button more than 6X main ecu goes to sleep. If in your region is possible via obd2 and there no communication with immo. The system might be corrupted.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ray-ray For This Useful Post:

askkey (3rd June, 2021)

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Thank you for the reply,

The cas is most likely for the EU market. I do not know if the customer pressed the button more than six times before i came. Is there any way to wake the ECU up (like the light switch and brake press combination on Audi BCM2 cars) ?

Normally I am able to do Toyota cars via OBD but for Lexus it might be different. They are not many of them in the EU.
    Since I am able to read the number of programmed keys from the ECU and start the add key procedure (where it requires a master key present) I assume that the communication with the device is working correctly and nothing is corrupted. The current issue is that I am unable to read or write the EEPROM data via OBD.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,207 Posts

If it start to reset via obd2 the immo light should be off during that 13-16 min reset. If the reset is going and the immo light is blinking it will fail to reset...

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

As I said the reset does not begin at all. As soon as it begins it interrupts with the message "unsupported model".