Register
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello Alex.

I've got a bad problem with the BSI I think.

On a foggy night when all of a sudden all dash lights and head lights turned off for about 30 secs. Lights turned on again, general mileage showed 0 Km.
    So i turned off the engine, pulled out the key, put it back in and tried to start. Surprise...the engine was turning but not starting. It acted as if the imobiliser wasn't registered. Had to tow it to the dealer, where they said that "the BSI software got corrupted". They did a resoft and 3 weeks later the same thing happened.
    It's happened 3 times in about 3 months. After every event i go back with the car to the dealer for a resoft.

Before it's going to crash some of the optionals on the car start acting funny: wipers, heliomatic mirror, climatisation.

When the monkey business first started about one year ago, the car forgot that it had: electricly adjustable mirrors and climatisation, but it worked fine otherwise.

Is it the BSI-s fault or something else?
    How can i replace my current BSI with one from a scrapped Pug 307?(The dealer price is 400 euros for a new unit)

Vin:VF33CRHYB82933419

Thanks.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Some of the early models of 307 had problems regarding the BSI, meaning the software was actually dissapearing when the battery level was critically low and the driver desperately tried to start the engine. The BSI had to be reprogrammed as it switched to virgin mode, like it was brand new. All the coding, key learning and ECU sincronizing had to be done.

In your case, I would check the charging system first.
    After that, I would check the rubber plug under the left air intake ( at the base of windshield ), maybe you don't have it there and water comes in through that hole, going straight into the BSI.
    If everything is ok, than I think replacing the BSI is the way to go. If you buy one from a scrapyard, you have 2 options: you buy it together with the engine ECU + instrument cluster ( if you don't mind having a possible greater mileage then instrument cluster in not necessary ) or you can clone the EPROM in the used BSI that you have bought with the information from your old BSI.

PS: in ce concesiune ti-a fost diagnosticata masina?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi there mate i have recently bought a peugeot dealership in dundee and closed it down for development and have all the special peugeot tools boxed if they are any good to you let me know cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi alexs 307 i have recently bought a peugeot dealership in dundee and closed it down for development and have all the special peugeot tools boxed if they are any good to you let me know cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default abs

hi alex i have a pug 307 hdi on a 52 and the abs light is on al the time can you tell me what common faults would be the cause . im going to take the sensors out and clean then to start with. do you kno what the resistance should be or how to tell if they need replacing ?

thanks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trevor View Post
    hi alex i have a pug 307 hdi on a 52 and the abs light is on al the time can you tell me what common faults would be the cause . im going to take the sensors out and clean then to start with. do you kno what the resistance should be or how to tell if they need replacing ?

thanks

Playing around with sensors without reading ECU faults from the ABS unit is a loss of time. There are many faults that cannot relate to sensors, without a proper diagnosis you can't be sure of anything. Try to retrieve ABS faults and I will help you solve the problem.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weezeltec View Post
    hi there mate i have recently bought a peugeot dealership in dundee and closed it down for development and have all the special peugeot tools boxed if they are any good to you let me know cheers
    The only thing I would be interested in is the Peugeot Planet Measure Kit (unit+cables). Please PM for the price.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi alex. could you recommend the cheapest odb II cable available to buy online that would work with a 2003 peugeot 307 so that i can connect ecu to my laptop?

i have a check engine light on, suspect it could be misfire. and also i have read that an ecu update can sometimes cure problems - is it possible to this oneself?

thanks.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeirl View Post
    hi alex. could you recommend the cheapest odb II cable available to buy online that would work with a 2003 peugeot 307 so that i can connect ecu to my laptop?

i have a check engine light on, suspect it could be misfire. and also i have read that an ecu update can sometimes cure problems - is it possible to this oneself?

thanks.
    I don't know how you can upgrade the engine ECU without paying a visit to a local dealer. Maybe it's possible, but identifying the right file for your car and writing it with another tool it's difficult.

You can use universal OBD tools, I think you can use OBD2 option from VAG-COM to retrieve engine faults. Or maybe ELM327?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexs307 View Post
    Hi, guys. I find you forum very interesting. I am specialized in Peugeot repairs so please feel free to ask any questions about any faults or problems that you find on your PP2000 or other diagnose tools. Been working over 3 years on these cars, so any new problems are welcome.

Keep up the good work!

Alex
    I have the following problem with my 307:
    PP2000 says error code P1644.
    That is a problem with the gas pedal I think. Now do I have to replace the pedal or do I have to search for the problem somewhere else?

I sent VIN by PM.

Best regards
    Wolli

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi Alex,
    I need your help regarding this car pug306, 1.4 meridian.My car wont start and there is no engine management light on dashboard.I've checked coil packs, spark plugs, fuel pumps ifs and all fuses.All of them are ok, but still wont start. I sent my car to pug garage with 2keys to check immobilizer and they said keys are fine and hve no problem, but when they used diagnostic tools, it wont communicate with the engine. What shall i do next? pls advise me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Neil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gabeneil View Post
    Hi Alex,
    I need your help regarding this car pug306, 1.4 meridian.My car wont start and there is no engine management light on dashboard.I've checked coil packs, spark plugs, fuel pumps ifs and all fuses.All of them are ok, but still wont start. I sent my car to pug garage with 2keys to check immobilizer and they said keys are fine and hve no problem, but when they used diagnostic tools, it wont communicate with the engine. What shall i do next? pls advise me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Neil
    Hello mate

Do you hear the fuel pump noise when you give ignition(2 seconds), if not check your inrtial switch, if it is ok than you have to try this; <take a pice of wire and ground the case of your ecu to the earth. Post results

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yes, i heard a noise and i bypassed the inertia fuel switch ang then i put piece of wires from earth connected to ecu chassis,but still wont start. pls give me another alternative.thnks in adv.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the following problem with my 307 2.0 hdi, the nozzle of the second cylinder suspended in cold dvigatel.Kak can clean it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi Alex.

I have a 2001 peugeot 206 hdi, the temp gauge has been shooting up and the stop light flashing in the instrument cluster.

I've replaced the temp coolant sensor three times now but after about 2 weeks the fault comes back, lately however (even with another new sensor) the temp gauge stays at zero with no stop light flashing as if it is dead.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast