Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default 2004 Cayenne turbo corrupted dash FERT.MODE

Hi,
    After replacing my battery, my dash now shows FERT.MODE. I have pulled another dash from another car and that dash works fine so I know it is the dash that is corrupted. I have pulled the 24c08 dump from the FERT.MODE dash to see if you guys can help fix the corruption. I think the low battery somehow corrupted the dash eeprom.

I have searched the internet far and wide for another solution to this FERT.MODE issue but there is very little information on the fix.

Here is what I have done:
    1. Pulled eeprom image from known working dash from the other cayenne turbo that I have, (Car A).
    2. Flashed the FERT.MODE 24c08 eeprom of Car B with the good image from CAR A.

When I fit this newly flashed dash from FERT.MODE Car B after flashing it, the dash now works! That's the good news.

The bad news is that now, CAR B has the VIN and mileage of CAR A.
    I can definately change the VIN to match but I have no idea how the update the mileage in the now working CAR B dash.

I am attaching the CAR A and CAR B bin files here in case someone is kind enough to help out with the corruption.
    If the corruption is not possible, can you please update CAR B bin with the VIN and mileage from CAR A bin.

THis is a working solution for others that I have seen with this issue that otherwise would have to buy another dash or who knows?

DUmp is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mustyputt; 16th July, 2021 at 02:46 AM. Reason: more info

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mustyputt For This Useful Post:

chickeneatman (22nd December, 2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just bought an 04 turbo last night. Dash is in FERT. MODE as well. Luckily prior owner had acquired a few spare clusters and included with sale. I'll be taking a look at this and attempting to read and write the EEPROMs this weekend.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chickeneatman View Post
    I just bought an 04 turbo last night. Dash is in FERT. MODE as well. Luckily prior owner had acquired a few spare clusters and included with sale. I'll be taking a look at this and attempting to read and write the EEPROMs this weekend.
    Mate!

Check first thread date , I think this problem done long time ago .

NB!!! Don't ask in PM old file password , Im not remember.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw how old the thread was, but the attached files are very useful for anyone else going through similar process. So I revived this thread. I am not expecting the original poster to find this.
    Just want others to be able to see how I solved the issue once I have fixed it.
    I am currently trying to figure out odometer. I am going to pull the bin from all of my clusters (I have 3, mustyputt provided 2) and see if I can at least figure out what memory address the odometer is stored in. Once I have a solution worked I'll post a new how-to thread.

I just happened across this forum while searching for this issue. I think I might just have to stay here. I love messing with hardware in ways the OEM never intended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was able to overwrite the 24c08 eeprom on my cluster using a dump from a known good spare. The VIN was easy to replace in a hex editor, Odometer is not clear though. So now I am at 282k, but at least my car works!