Register
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default the box super usb lost channels

hello everyone, im brand spanking new to this. please, please be gentle.
    i recently lost channels on my "the box super usb" and tried everything to try and retieve them, rescanning etc. the only thing i didnt do was "factory default" which i ended up doing. mmmm.....
    i can now picture some of you sniggering, some may be shaking their heads in disbelief and some of you will be nodding in agreement as you have done the very same stupid thing!
    i now have the luxury of watching a lovely plain blue screen... marvelous.
    is it easy to reload this box with software and if so, is it all self loading etc and which software is the latest version. living in north east england on virgin media. give it to me straight, am i watching telly tonite or is my sat box destined for the wheelie bin? thankyou all in advance! cheers, neil

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lousund View Post
    hello everyone, im brand spanking new to this. please, please be gentle.
    i recently lost channels on my "the box super usb" and tried everything to try and retieve them, rescanning etc. the only thing i didnt do was "factory default" which i ended up doing. mmmm.....
    i can now picture some of you sniggering, some may be shaking their heads in disbelief and some of you will be nodding in agreement as you have done the very same stupid thing!
    i now have the luxury of watching a lovely plain blue screen... marvelous.
    is it easy to reload this box with software and if so, is it all self loading etc and which software is the latest version. living in north east england on virgin media. give it to me straight, am i watching telly tonite or is my sat box destined for the wheelie bin? thankyou all in advance! cheers, neil
    hi mate

first of all was the channels working when u first got the box?

factory reset is fine... However you need to rescan again and you should get your channels back

after that press menu > 1570 > turn on Key code and click on set default key

exit 3 times and go to a $ channel and wait for code to update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello, thanks for your reply. i have had the box from new about september last year and have had all the channels, though at times i did have to rescan to gain lost channels. at the moment when i switch the box on it lists which language (to which i select english) and then it goes to main menu and there is a list: INSTALLATION, CHANNEL SET UP, USER SET UP, SYSTEM SET UP and USB" have gone through all of the above and havent got any channels at all.
    there is no "press menu > 1570 > turn key code ? etc options. its pretty much as blank as when i went to "factory default" proceedure. do i need to install software? thanks, neil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks unadkat, somehow channels have loaded in and followed your proceedure. much appreciated. WE HAVE TELLY!!!!!

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

if you were scanning correct provider you should see channel names appear and by switching emu or keycode to on or enable and exiting out,box may have to update and picture will come back on.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    if you were scanning correct provider you should see channel names appear and by switching emu or keycode to on or enable and exiting out,box may have to update and picture will come back on.
    thats true however alot of folks should technically press the '' set default key'' option which is provided.

So that the keys update from fresh.

Unles am Wrong..

Your welcome lousund... you owe me a Pint now ...

(Only joking)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hiya im a new member on here.... sorry to invade this space but i really need some input. i have the box super usb.have had for about 8 months.was working fine yest. and today all we have are channels 1-5. i am in the east midlands. on virgin. i have done >menu.1570>key activation> on> have done automatic scan too. the signal is strong> but yet we got no channels. have heard that there might be a signal block to stop people with these boxes. i am just wandering if anybody knows a a way round this or can offer other advice. thank you.

Mr. DK DJ
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lostgirl View Post
    hiya im a new member on here.... sorry to invade this space but i really need some input. i have the box super usb.have had for about 8 months.was working fine yest. and today all we have are channels 1-5. i am in the east midlands. on virgin. i have done >menu.1570>key activation> on> have done automatic scan too. the signal is strong> but yet we got no channels. have heard that there might be a signal block to stop people with these boxes. i am just wandering if anybody knows a a way round this or can offer other advice. thank you.
    try going to factory settings (0000)
    press default key
    auto scan
    when done menu (1570) turn key code on
    exit out to tv and let the box update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi i have done all that suggested earlier.and have done again after your reply but still not getting any other channels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

boxes all down in leicester leave it a while all should be restored later if not just rescan in a bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a little update, Rescanned in LEIC at 07:55 and channels have returned!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i still dont have any of the channels what did u do to get them back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

rarr could you assist me in sorting the problem with box pls as we still do not have anything thanx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All channels still down in Leicester :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have starview 4 - just updated to firmware 1.12 from 1.07, did a rescan and voilla! all channels back.. for now.

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast