Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Renault Kangoo x76 Virginise ECU and uch help please (renolink)

Hi
    I have a 2006 Renault Kangoo 1.5dci basically I bought it as a non runner when I got it there was no issues with the immobiliser but it wouldn't start

You could see fuel moving and the injectors had been replaced also the fuel pump and loads of sensors he has receipts for it all
    But it still wouldn't start

So when I got it home I tried easy start and bleeding the system but it wouldn't even try to catch on there wasn't even a splutter with easy start (not even trying to run on easy start)
    I checked for power to the injectors found 3 or 4 volts to each injector then checked the obd for fault codes I got none apart from iit telling me injector 1 2 and 3 injectors had been unplugged but I noticed injector 4 wasn't being Picked up by the ECU as unplugged no matter what I did with it I found that weird since the injector had power like the rest!

I am also getting a red stop engine management light...so I tried coding the injectors with renolink I found they needed coding the codes did match with the old injectors so the guy hadn't coded them
    Well I tried coding them but injector 4 refused to code I tried everything

So I tried the ECU from my other kangoo just to see if I got a change well it obviously wouldn't start because the immobiliser didn't match but it was actually spluttering trying to run on easy start but would go back to not even trying with its original ECU

Well I've purchased a new ECU but I am now having a red immobiliser light and no glow plug light
    I've tried virginiding the ECU with renolink but its not allowing me
    To Virginise the ECU I don't know what I'm doing wrong I'm really close to just buying a ECU and uch key set but I know my uch is fine and I also bought a new spare key so if I can I would like to Virginise the ECU and get the van working

So please I really would like this van running any help is appreciated

If someone could guide me through virginising my ECU through renolink or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've got a spare Julie emulator sitting here aswel if you guys think it would be worth doing.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Hi,
    it would be easier to talk you through brain surgery.
    Does the central locking work via the key?
    Does it have aircon?
    What is the red immo light doing on the dash, key out after 30 secs? key in on possition? turning key and pausing each time does it crank?
    Is there petrol in the tank? Collect some fuel from the inject return pipe in a black aerosol cap, let it rest, does it sparkle?
    whats the fuel pressure while cranking?
    What are part numbers on ecu