Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default ID46 copy fail

How often you get this problem?

Sample1.
    2007 Porsche 911, 3-button key, ID46 chip. Tried to make simple spare transponder key. VVDI key tool mini - regular copy - fail. "Aftermarket chip copy" with sniffing and online calculation - shows success, but key doesn't start the car.
    KD-X2 - regular copy - fail. Copy with sniffing and online calculation - very slow, customer was gone by the time I've got results, so was unable to test the key.

Sample 2.
    2009 Chevrolet Aveo (NA). ID46 chip. Didn't expect any problems here, just made regular ID46 copy with VVDI Mini. Key started the car. As customer found later - chip does not work, the only reason why car started - original key was nearby.
    Next day customer comes back. I've tried to do "Aftermarket chip copy" with sniffing and online calculation, using VVDI mini. Calculation success...but key doesn't start the car! It's just nutz!

Trying to make regular copy with KD-X2 - success, but key doesn't start the car!
    Ok, tried to do "aftermarket chip copy" with KD-X2. Same thing again - all kinds of errors while trying to upload data. It took me probably 10-15 min to upload data successfully, and another 5 minutes to get result. Tried to write data on XT27 chip (chip was generated as blank ID46) - FAIL! I guess Keydiy restricted use of XT27 which is also very disappointing.
    Anyway, I was able to find CN3 chip, wrote data on it - car started, success.

So guys - why do you think online calculation with VVDI both times failed? How often you see similar problem? To be honest, I'm very disappointed.
    Another question - does anyone have experience with LKP-03 chip? I've checked prices - current price for CN3 chip is very high, while LKP-03 price is still reasonable. Does LKP-03 chip work same way as CN-3 with both VVDI and KD devices?
    Last edited by ranchero; 19th September, 2021 at 09:55 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    996 Posts

I never had problem to copy 46 chip with XH mini

Try to put the chip close t the coil insted in the key - maybe signal is low

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I have tried both CN3 and Lkp03 and I think CN3 is better. Used Lkp03 on a Peugeot (and Keydiy x2) copy success but car did not start. Change to Cn3 and make another copy with Keydiy and it worked.

Maybe a bad batch of lkp03, but I use Cn3 now to be sure.

About failing clone. I tried to clone Fiat Ducato 2016 last week with Keydiy and Cn3 chip, clone succsess but car did not start. I had to program a oem chip with Avdi.

I have cloned about 10-15 Ducatos this year and had this problem 3 times with successful copy but faild to start.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mjoesen For This Useful Post:

ranchero (23rd September, 2021)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjoesen View Post
    I have tried both CN3 and Lkp03 and I think CN3 is better. Used Lkp03 on a Peugeot (and Keydiy x2) copy success but car did not start. Change to Cn3 and make another copy with Keydiy and it worked.

Maybe a bad batch of lkp03, but I use Cn3 now to be sure.
    That's sad, LKP03 is way less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by mjoesen View Post

About failing clone. I tried to clone Fiat Ducato 2016 last week with Keydiy and Cn3 chip, clone succsess but car did not start. I had to program a oem chip with Avdi.

I have cloned about 10-15 Ducatos this year and had this problem 3 times with successful copy but faild to start.
    Long time ago I also had problem with Fiat (Dodge Promaster), but KD-X2 also saved me - when I used "aftermarket chip copy" option instead of regular copy - van started.
    I guess ID46 decoding can be tricky at times.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Copy tools do fail. Try another but sometimes that's life in this game

Don't expect 1 tool to be enough
    Solidarity with Ukraine

7. The Following User Says Thank You to fred77 For This Useful Post:

ranchero (29th September, 2021)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

If key rolling data car will not start..........
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Had same thing with ID46 and superchip on an old Cayenne, copied properly but would not work. Tried using XN series and it worked. Weird.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vov4ik For This Useful Post:

ranchero (29th September, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Almost everytime I've had chips failed was when the chips stayed in the plastic bag, and not been straight up. Got chip error a few times. Just took a new one, and had no problem.
    Later used the failed chip on another car, no prob. Learned this lesson in the later years... the chip has to be straight up when programming.

Execpt for once... A Volvo. Worked a week and then failed. Took a new on and it was al fine (used that chip on antoher car). All these where Silca chips.

I always thought they have had better mfg control, but as years have gone by I have start to doubt that (unfortenately).
    New remotes no longer use xxFH blades. They are now xxCH! As I see itm the are CHina-blades! WTF.
    Just orederd one new Silca remote and some blades. Had no time to check if the are the same as KeyDIY-blades (arrived friday),but will.
    Right when you started to get a good stash of FH-blades, they f..k your stash up...
    Feels like Silca took a short corner here...
    Nice for me though (in the long run). Now buy KeyDIY remotes and just add odd Silca blades... (quickly)
    But since UK out of EU, need a new EU KyeDIY-remote supplier. Anyone know one?

Have to check out how to make out how to make xxFH blades fit xxCH blades, if possible.
    In our comtry Silca is about +20% as in UK. Still like our support. Do not like order from China (even if they are made there), need a quickler source - with better control (hopepfully). Those small extra €uros is a bargain as I see it.
    Last edited by Keyim; 5th February, 2022 at 10:14 PM.