Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aliens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The radio and tv broadcasts are omni directional, they degrade through distance, also are absorbed (the moon, palnets, asteroids).

There is not much hope of any of these signals being redable (is the right) past Neptune.

And dont confuse TV signals with narrow beam ones.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Slowing the speed of light down to break the speed of light law is cheating, in the real world nothing is faster then the speed of light. I believe the earth is like an island we don't know what is beyond are horizon but there has to be something. I don't believe man evolved out of mud, maybe an alien visited us a long time ago and sneezed or took a mean dump and out sprung life on earth. And Also maybe we are so far behind them, they see us as ants, and only a mad man tries to carry on conversation with an ant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by talmadge View Post
    Slowing the speed of light down to break the speed of light law is cheating, in the real world nothing is faster then the speed of light. I believe the earth is like an island we don't know what is beyond are horizon but there has to be something. I don't believe man evolved out of mud, maybe an alien visited us a long time ago and sneezed or took a mean dump and out sprung life on earth. And Also maybe we are so far behind them, they see us as ants, and only a mad man tries to carry on conversation with an ant.
    ants are very intelligent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

do you actually believe there is something out there?other than human life forms?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

YES. there has to be. Do you believe in God? Is God alive? Did God come from this planet?Is God an alien? If you Don't believe in God then you believe in evolution and,evolution goes back to mud, I sure somewhere out there, there is a planet made of mud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Is our Solar System special? Probably not. Scientists think that there are planets going around many stars in our galaxy.

More than 100 planets have already been discovered around distant stars. Nearly all of these are giant gas worlds bigger than Jupiter. Most of them also orbit very close to their stars – often closer than Mercury is to our Sun.

At present, our telescopes are not powerful enough to actually see these planets. We can only tell they are there by the way they make a nearby star wobble. In a few cases, we see a dip in the brightness of a star when a large planet moves in front of it.

One day, scientists expect to discover small, Earthlike planets around other stars. ESA hopes to send future missions to scan nearby stars, looking for signs of life on Earth-like planets.

source ESA.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think if we ever figure out how send something faster then light. even if it is just a 1 electron at a time then could use it for communication, I imagine thats how other solar systems communicate and why we don't hear nothing OR maybe other advance aliens are not organic maybe they are robotic and time is meaningless to something that live forever.So what if takes 1000000 years to get to the nearest inhabited planet. If could take long hard look at the oldest galaxies I sure the debate would be over.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123