Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy BMW F07 dme cloning with Ktag - checksum error

Hello all,

I want to clone my bad DME Mevd17.2 N55 F07 2013 to a used but good Mevd17.2 N55 F10 2010.

I have a Ktag clone 7.020 software 2.25 and Windows 11.

Tried to do a backup from my ecu (F07) with the gpt protocol.
    When I try to save the files I get a checksum error and it only saves 1 file with 1406 KB.
    I have tried also to read micro and eeprom separately. eeprom is fine but micro shows again checksum error.
    SW: 00000D07596401
    SW upg.: 00000AE7596406

I have tried to do a backup from the other ecu it had diffrent protocol without gpt.
    I had no errors, it saved with 3 files: 1 x file, 1 x .epr file and 1 x .mpc file.
    all good.

So my question is, is my old dme not readable or what could be the issue and how can I solve that?
    Is Windows 11 the problem? I have tried to use XP with a VM but had no connection with the Ktag.

Btw I have C++ versions installed.

I am new to all that its my first time doing it, I would appreciate any help thanks.

Edit: I managed to do it on Windows Xp but the same checksum error.
    Last edited by Proto61; 24th October, 2021 at 01:59 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,234 Posts

Use original tool to solve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I need the original Ktag? It cant be done with the clone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can I get what I need from that 1 file what was generated? I mean I can read eeprom so the only thing what I need is the mpc file.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Proto61 View Post
    Hello all,

I want to clone my bad DME Mevd17.2 N55 F07 2013 to a used but good Mevd17.2 N55 F10 2010.

I have a Ktag clone 7.020 software 2.25 and Windows 11.

Tried to do a backup from my ecu (F07) with the gpt protocol.
    When I try to save the files I get a checksum error and it only saves 1 file with 1406 KB.
    I have tried also to read micro and eeprom separately. eeprom is fine but micro shows again checksum error.
    SW: 00000D07596401
    SW upg.: 00000AE7596406

I have tried to do a backup from the other ecu it had diffrent protocol without gpt.
    I had no errors, it saved with 3 files: 1 x file, 1 x .epr file and 1 x .mpc file.
    all good.

So my question is, is my old dme not readable or what could be the issue and how can I solve that?
    Is Windows 11 the problem? I have tried to use XP with a VM but had no connection with the Ktag.

Btw I have C++ versions installed.

I am new to all that its my first time doing it, I would appreciate any help thanks.

Edit: I managed to do it on Windows Xp but the same checksum error.
    Hi,

Sorry for that but i am happy about not just me sucking with this F07 GT. I do this same work till 3 days now.
    I started it friday and still no solution in my problem.
    I use the same setup like you. Same Ktag clone, 2.25 K-suite. I can read the DME with backup and the separate files too.
    And i can write back them too, BUT if i change something in the dump then i can't write back because i get the checksum error.
    You need to plug 12v dc adapter in your K-tag.
    If you can read the eeprom i think it must read all contents.
    Try to close program , unplug usb port and then replug. And run again the K-suite. Mine is do the same sometimes like yours.
    What is your DME's fault? What is your problem? Why you need to read/clone the DME?

P.S :
    If you can read them i need the files from both DME-s and if you can share with me. I will be glad. Because i need my DME downgrade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TudiM3 View Post
    Hi,

Sorry for that but i am happy about not just me sucking with this F07 GT. I do this same work till 3 days now.
    I started it friday and still no solution in my problem.
    I use the same setup like you. Same Ktag clone, 2.25 K-suite. I can read the DME with backup and the separate files too.
    And i can write back them too, BUT if i change something in the dump then i can't write back because i get the checksum error.
    You need to plug 12v dc adapter in your K-tag.
    If you can read the eeprom i think it must read all contents.
    Try to close program , unplug usb port and then replug. And run again the K-suite. Mine is do the same sometimes like yours.
    What is your DME's fault? What is your problem? Why you need to read/clone the DME?

P.S :
    If you can read them i need the files from both DME-s and if you can share with me. I will be glad. Because i need my DME downgrade.
    I have a plug with 12v and 1A.
    I have tried with unplug and restart but didn't help, still only eeprom is possible.
    My DME has problems with valvetronic it does not control the valvetronic motor. Ista said DME has to be replaced and BMW told me the same.

If I can get the files out no problem I will send it to you. I could send you the F10 files already if you want, can I upload them here ?

But one question if you would send me your .mpc file could I use your .mpc file and my .epr file to clone or do I have to change something in the .mpc file?

Edit: would it be enough to just clone the eeprom? and leave mpc file from the new ecu? or modify the .mpc from new new one?
    Last edited by Proto61; 25th October, 2021 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another question, could it be that the software of my dme is modified and thats the reason why Ktag has the checksum error?
    Maybe that is also the problem why I get the internal dme error.
    If I do a software update with ista on my dme it overwrites the software right?
    So a software update maybe could fix my problem and maybe i dont even need the new ecu?

Or is it possible to do a software upgrade with ktag?

Can anyone confirm that?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,528 Posts

The gunpowder is already invented mate, just use correct ksuite verison with your 7.020 ktag and all be fine. (AKA 2.22)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Hi,

First you need to check the fuses at the bottom of the windshield in the fuse box. It can not be changed just if you cut the fuse box.
    499481.jpg

Second: Your problem maybe the VVT motor itself. Because it can be melt or the VVT shaft's teehts can be broking, and the VVT motor can stuck.
    You can turn VVT motor with an allen key, at the top end of the VVT motor. But you need to remove the valve cover.
    Here you can see the VVT motor replacement, and the turning of the VVT motor with allen key:
    https://youtu.be/T3wSCg6kN34?t=462

At the end: You need just the MPC and keep your eep file. If your car have ECU hardware problem only, it can be turn on with that.
    If you flash the second hand DME (from F10) with just your eep file, it can start too but there will be a lot of problems in configurations.
    I am in the same boat now because o used F10 files im my F07...
    I think you will be stuck with my F07 file too, but you can try.
    Here is my 2009 year DME MPC file what updated at 2016.
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TudiM3 For This Useful Post:

Proto61 (26th October, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Another question, could it be that the software of my dme is modified and thats the reason why Ktag has the checksum error?
    Maybe that is also the problem why I get the internal dme error.
    If I do a software update with ista on my dme it overwrites the software right?
    So a software update maybe could fix my problem and maybe i dont even need the new ecu?

Or is it possible to do a software upgrade with ktag?

Can anyone confirm that?
    Ista will not update the full ecu. If your ecu has a software fault like checksum or any, maybe ista will not correct it. And another problem ista will not update ecu if there is no newer files for it.
    That's why i beating my head to wall, because i can not find older esys or ista-p pszdata to downgrade to the original state. You have a little bit lucky than me, because if i know correct there was no updates after 2013 for this ecu. So maybe any F07 file will be good for you.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TudiM3 For This Useful Post:

Proto61 (26th October, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mate thank you for the file really.

The fuse box was wet for some reason it was full of water, i replaced it with a new one.
    vvt motor was replaced also. all cables are checked also.

I did upload the files from the F10 in case somebody needs them.
    SW: 1037533850

If I can manage to read my old dme from the F07, I will upload those files also.

Thank you again for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is an update.

I flashed the used F10 dme with your mpc file and my epr file from my F07. Installed the new dme and everything wokrs fine! And the valvetronic problem is also solved, so my old dme was broken idk if its the software or hardware.

Thank you again mate and I wish you luck to find what you are looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Here is an update.

I flashed the used F10 dme with your mpc file and my epr file from my F07. Installed the new dme and everything wokrs fine! And the valvetronic problem is also solved, so my old dme was broken idk if its the software or hardware.

Thank you again mate and I wish you luck to find what you are looking for.
    Nice! I am glad you solved the problem. If am i helped please leave me a reputation and thanks by pressing those buttons.

Thank you!