Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Renault CAN CLIP wont find Reprog DVD

Hi. Using CLIP 211 and trying to reprogram a Megane engine ECU.

I dont have any blank DVDs around (wow, remember them? ) so have tried a few virtual DVD drives on Windows 7 - but I never get the option to reprogram of CD and it just tries to download from Renaultnet.

Is it perhaps that CLIP is fussy about such things as virtual drives and I need to go buy some blank DVDs - or is it something else

And while we are at it, struggling to find a good source of reprog v191 - any known working copies someone can link me to?

If I hadn't have literally rebuilt the whole car and spent a lot on it, id throw a match on it right now... The bloody engine ecu was fine before the engine swap, hope ive just corrupted its software with perhaps too many battery disconnects or something - or ive dropped it when it was out of the car...

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Try to install DT lite and mount the reprogram ISO file into the virtual disk ...
    Good luck !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bloody hell - this is why friends dont let friends use bloody windows.... What a total pos OS it is!!

So after a day playing whackamole with windoze crap trying to install Daemon Tools Lite on win doze 7 - which wouldnt install because something called .Net something which wouldnt installed because of something called a service pack which eventually i got to work which then could install .Net whatever which then DT Lite still tried to tell wasnt installed. By then I gave up and went bought a bloody blank DVD (retro style!) by which time all those "updates" had killed CLIP (a typically useless windows error message about something...) so here I am reinstalling windows and CLIP from scratch again.

FFS. This is why people buy Macs - they just bloody work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eventually got it all working - FYI for others, sometimes it seems CLIP doesn't play well with virtual DVD images. A USB external drive with the Reprog v191 ISO burned to a DVD worked like a charm.

Sadly it wouldnt reprogram my ECU, throwing a fault code that basically said the ECU is faulty. So thats progress at least , having that confirmed!

Now to buy myself a RenoLink and have a crack at taking the immobiliser off my spare ECU from another car.