Register
    Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Ford Focus 1.6i ESP-fault U2023

Hello,

car came with esp fault on dash. Fault code in abs module U2023. All live data okay.
    ABS can bus okay and connection to ecu is good.
    Tried reseting abs ecu and recoding, no luck.
    On engine (SIM28) no dtc´s but on data list some weird things. Fuel system status bank1 -ERROR- and indeed no fuel trims active.
    Lambda sensors okay. Something wrong with engine ecu. Ecu inside is dry. Ecu flash read and checksum is okay.

Sourcing same software from another vehicle and comparing to my original file, some differences.
    There appears to be this data block after VIN related to abs auxiliary ID. On original file was filled with FF.
    Copied data block from another file. Ecu back to car and now abs dtc from wrong configuration.
    Abs ID reset and hey hey. Esp light out and fuel trims active again. Speedo works too so all good.

Don´t know if data corruption or some manipulation before...
    Will try to figure out area checksum so that I can use original VIN. Copying only VIN will not work.
    Attached Images Attached Images