Register
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Default HT3 Ford add-on 2021 Halkyard Tech users experience help advice page

Hello All

I am starting this thread as I would like to hear feedback from you all whom own the latest HT3 with the new add on for the newer Fiesta,Focus,Kuga,Connect van keys.

I own the HT3 and the latest add on....HT3

What are your experiences thus far with the tool

can you say model year bladed or keyless and results..

I will kick it off

2014 Bladed Galaxy fail. error code 380 Tried as a Mondeo as there based on same vehicle the sw hanged after half reading the bcm, used Abrites in the end coded the key is seconds.

2014 Fiesta bladed success

2014 Transit custom bladed success

2020 Transit connect Keyless, coded spare key success however left bcm damaged and had to go into main dealer for a replacement BCM vehicles battery would discharge completely overnight.

Looking forward to hearing your guys experiences

Happy Christmas1640203936896.jpg all
    Last edited by norman1967; 23rd December, 2021 at 12:34 PM.
    Genuine tools including Abritus, Autotuner Master, Bosch Ford vcm2, smok UCDS FULL JTAG FULL pcm flash, IO terminal, UPA, Autel maxicom pro, MTX dpf, dtc, immo edc17 UCDS, and a little well maintained hairy box from china I play inside!

4.94 x100 fgtech kess ktm ktag mpps skp. And still collecting

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman1967 For This Useful Post:

godfathertwo (23rd December, 2021), super jumbe (22nd December, 2021), tufftrading (24th December, 2021), Weasel3 (22nd December, 2021)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Glade some one started this thread, 2014 Bladed Galaxy fail, I thought any software from Chris will be 100% perfect, need to hear from Halkyard Tech and the worse you said transit bcm damaged after programming key makes me think should I be using this tool now?.
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

norman1967 (23rd December, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Did you use a battery support before adding key or was it all key lost this is the problem with new software is never tested 100 percent and now the locksmith will pay the price
    This a common with all locksmith tools how much did you cost at the end and did you contact Chris regarding this.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by godfathertwo View Post
    Did you use a battery support before adding key or was it all key lost this is the problem with new software is never tested 100 percent and now the locksmith will pay the price
    This a common with all locksmith tools how much did you cost at the end and did you contact Chris regarding this.
    Good morning, Yes its a major disappointment to me as the HT3 add on element of the software was the only reason I was attracted to the software in the first place. I did not use battery support as this was not a AKL situation and the vehicle's are very new with new battery's.

The price I have paid... well apart from the original £850 ish for the software outlay I have lost two very good customer's in the long term and of course the profit from the two jobs, Two jobs! Yes well to be honest there was a second vehicle a 2020 kuga (of course as you will know all kugas are Keyless) I successfully programmed a spare key to using HT3 add on which also developed the exact same fault as the connect van, battery drain within an overnight period.

Yes I have taken this all up with Chris and provided him a report from a Ford main dealer with regards to the repairs carried out to the connect van (A replacement BCM was required warranty thankfully! saved me from a hefty bill) It was pinpointed the bcm was the cause of the battery drain I did ask Chris for a refund as I am not satisfied with the performance of the software, Unfortunately Chris is unable to offer me my refund. He states nobody else has experienced or reported these issues to him therefore does not accept at this time there is any issue with the software.

With all this said i am still hopeful we can get this page up and running with peoples success and fails and hopefully if anybody else has had similar experience's we can get a satisfactory resolve, I know Chris has a very good reputation as I did researched him on the forums before I made my purchase and like super jumbe mentioned we would and should expect any release from him to be 100% perfect.

Fingers crossed once its accepted there is an issue hopefully a fix can be applied. Until then well I don't have big enough balls to try on anything HT3 and the tool has becomes a ornament to me.

(p.s I have not yet mentioned the Galaxy fail to Chris)
    Last edited by norman1967; 23rd December, 2021 at 12:35 PM.
    Genuine tools including Abritus, Autotuner Master, Bosch Ford vcm2, smok UCDS FULL JTAG FULL pcm flash, IO terminal, UPA, Autel maxicom pro, MTX dpf, dtc, immo edc17 UCDS, and a little well maintained hairy box from china I play inside!

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,278 Posts

A friend of mine used HT3 add on software to HT3 to do a spare key on a galaxy 2017 model , took 5 or 6 attempts to read data but did it and coded new style prox key in fine .

ive done plenty of fords with truecode/halkyard kit and apart from the odd fail no issues to date.

Norman1967

you say in post that you have HT2 and HT3 software , HT2 is fiat ? did you mean HT3 and the latest HT3 add on software or just HT3 without the latest add on ? or are you using the HT compatible trusecode software F5 etc ?

ive had success with HT3 cable on ;

bladed keys : focus and cmax 14 , 15 and 16 , fiesta 14 , 15 , 16 and 17 , mondeo 2012 , 14 , 16 , transit custom 14 ,15 ,16 ,17 , connect models up to 2015 so far , transit up to 2017 so far , bmax .

keyless models: kuga most years up to 2017 , mondeo up to 2017 , focus and cmax up to 2017 models

ive also used truecode F5 and F7 licences on alot of above years .

i have not used it on keyless connect or latest kuga yet nor on a galaxy .

your issues are a concern , but i havnt had such issues myself yet and havnt read any others with these issues , so following this with interest .

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

tufftrading (23rd December, 2021), Weasel3 (24th December, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Correct HT3 with the add on, under one roof, i have never owned a truecode device

Thanks for pointing that out i had a blonde moment.

rapidlocksmiths what do you mean by the odd fail no issues are you referring to where your mentioned the 5 or 6 attempt's your friend had before it coded the new style proxy?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,278 Posts

hi

using old truecode f5 software ive had some fails getting correct incode on some focus , cmax and mondeo bladed in past around 2014 years , touch wood to date ive had no fails on these with the HT3 software .

HT3 hasnt failed me as yet on what ive tried it on , but ive not used it on a galaxy on your year or the add on software on a new style kuga prox or connect prox as yet , i had a 2020 kuga prox last week but used smart pro on it with no issues. thus why following this with interest.

my friend had the latest galaxy prox using the latest ht3 add on software , which didnt fail but did take 5 to 6 attempts to read the bcm , he has also done a a 2018 focus with it that had no issues , neither caused this bcm issue you have experienced , both were spares , but he did use battery support on both.

with these later ford especially prox keys i would always advise battery support regardless of spare or akl . when i did the 2020 kuga with sp i had to disconnect battery for initial read to get access then battery support once reconnected , but SP makes no changes to system so no patch files , but battery support is always advised on these regardless how new the battery is , any dip in voltage can cause issues .

im not saying that not using battery support caused this , but it is possible and would be interesting to know if outcome was different if battery support was used which is possible.
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 23rd December, 2021 at 01:08 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

norman1967 (24th December, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I am afraid on this as rapid and I said you cannot program latest Ford vehicles without battery support this might have been your problem a dip in battery might have caused this unfortunately I do not have the latest halkyard as I have all the latest truecode Ford modules thank you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to godfathertwo For This Useful Post:

norman1967 (24th December, 2021)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I am afraid on this as rapid and I said you cannot program latest Ford vehicles without battery support this might have been your problem a dip in battery might have caused this unfortunately I do not have the latest halkyard as I have all the latest truecode Ford modules thank you.

Hello all thanks for all the reply's its appreciated

Chris never mentioned requiring battery support or best practice in any of the emails we exchanged before the coding of the cars or afterwards We spoke about the jobs prior to taking place as I wanted to be sure the software could do the job before I purchased.

The software does not prompt the user to use battery support, or any of the demo you tube videos that are posted showing the software in action mention the same however the software does suggest/require you ensure the battery on your laptop and the vehicle are fully charged which I did. Perhaps it would have made a difference in my case I will never know. I actually carry a Gysflash 100-12 hf onboard my vehicle as I do use support for writing certain ecu's, And of course any coding of bcms on PSA stuff so if it is a requirement would not have been a problem if It was made aware to the end user.

I be honest I have programmed hundreds of keys and battery support never come into my mind for keys, perhaps this was my failing after all and lets hope someone else who has first hand experience with HT3 and has coded keys to the type of vehicles I have experienced issues with could try as I cannot be brave enough to try again far to stressful.

I would and in hindsight should have gone with my gut and wrote the original flash back into the bcms to see if the issue of the drain could be resolved without replacing the bcm, Chris assured me via email it would make no difference whatsoever and provided some of the coding information and method that is applied to the flash area of the bcm, he asked me not to share the details he provided me with anybody else so and it goes without saying I will not be doing so. However in hindsight before the connect went back to fords I should have tried and perhaps I would have found out once and for all.

Well time will tell and hopefully the thread will be useful to others and we will carry on with the feedback of success and fails.

Later today I have a 2014 keyless Mondeo for a spare key so will try HT3 just for the sake of it and report the findings.

rapid you say you used smart pro to make a 2020 Kuga spare key, I will look into this tool, I believe its token based? I am assuming but could be wrong its online to the ford FRDS system?

godfathertwo you say you don't own HT3 but have the truecode system does this have the support for the latest's 2020 models? I don't think it has? please advise.
    Last edited by norman1967; 24th December, 2021 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

No do not have latest ht3 but own zedfull plus all truecode Ford modules
    But last 18 months business almost
    Dead so will not spend anymore money till it will pick up hopefully when this covid finish for good.
    Last edited by godfathertwo; 24th December, 2021 at 11:55 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,278 Posts

smart pro is token based , unless you buy the ford softwares outright in which case they are token free , the new kuga uses 2 tokens if you dont own the software . nothing beats advanced diagnostics on later ford models
    https://www.silca.biz/resource/blob/...ca-en-data.pdf

the software prompts you to disconnect battery whilst it gains access then prompts you to reconnect battery , it then reads bcm and then prompts to code the keys in , it makes no changes to bcm firmware at all, an internet connection is required.

i dont think many testers or software prompts you to add battery support , its just good practice . ive found battery support necessary on later transit models and on systems with keyless , for me its habit now , i tend to use battery support on most jobs , its become a habit and process i follow now, i was advised to use battery support on later fords and it stuck. i dont know many programmers that prompt you to use battery support on bmw and on newer vivaro and traffic , but we do as we know it to be good practice.

those i know that have used the new ht3 add on have all used battery support on the vehicles , and your the first ive read with such problems so far , i cant say battery support would have lead to a different outcome , but remains a possibility , i suspect we will know in time.

No truecode doesnt do the latest 2020 models , but does do all earlier models , HT3 has some cross over coverage with truecode f4 and f5 licence but only HT3 does the 2020 models.

on your 2014 mondeo it depends if last of the old or first of new keyless key system , id47 or id63 , the good news ive done both with HT3 and with truecode as both cover this one . ive done plenty of mondeo , kuga , focus and cmax with the software without issue , although maybe not necessary but i use battery support as habit.

i do know that chris has alot of customers and alot are using the HT3 add on , i suspect if an issue we would have read about it on the many forums and groups flooding the net , but this is the first issue ive read about on dead bcm , so im hoping not an intermittent issue and just a voltage dip caused this, so following with interest
    Last edited by rapidlocksmiths; 24th December, 2021 at 02:13 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

godfathertwo (24th December, 2021), Weasel3 (24th December, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hi,

With your battery drain was one of the symptoms that the keyless remote would not operate?

I am looking at a car which had akl and had new keys programmed.

First was Xhorse remote but the keys would work intermittently for prox entry and prox start and did require opening with the blade and then remote be put into the slot to start the car. After being driven it would be ok for a while but overnight would do the same thing.

I programmed genuine keys to this vehicle and a week later it is now behaving the same.

I’m just trying to work out if the issue could be the BCM drain similar to your experience

Thanks

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugh91 For This Useful Post:

norman1967 (29th December, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

If this is the case eighter the bcm are too weak and fail after key programming or people programming these are not using battery support failing that if the programming tool is a risk of damaging bcm very unusual we better watch can you tell us what vehicle you are working and what tools used in key programming.
    Last edited by godfathertwo; 29th December, 2021 at 06:36 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

No this issue seen by myself is a complete drain of the vehicles battery RC works fine once key is programmed, RC only fails to work once the vehicle battery is flat (within 48 hours) and then emergency blade is used to open the door and pop bonnet jump start vehicle, ect. once vehicle battery is charged RC is working again.

An update I will provide in a few days as I have today looked at a 2020 Focus bladed vehicle and once patched the bcm using HT3 I had the dreaded fault code in the BCM with a TPMS fault on the speedo, neither were there prior.

+++++ Battery support WAS USED ++++++

Tomorrow I am going to dismantle the bcm write the original file back to the bcm on the bench and see IF the dtc and the TPMS waning lamp go.

(If anybody has a clear imaged wire up available for this bcm it will save me some time) I have genuine UPA i think carprog genuine may have image's for a wire up i don't have this tool so if anybody has please dm me or post up here,

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh91 View Post
    Hi,

With your battery drain was one of the symptoms that the keyless remote would not operate?

I am looking at a car which had akl and had new keys programmed.

First was Xhorse remote but the keys would work intermittently for prox entry and prox start and did require opening with the blade and then remote be put into the slot to start the car. After being driven it would be ok for a while but overnight would do the same thing.

I programmed genuine keys to this vehicle and a week later it is now behaving the same.

I’m just trying to work out if the issue could be the BCM drain similar to your experience

Thanks

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman1967 For This Useful Post:

godfathertwo (29th December, 2021), Hugh91 (29th December, 2021)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default HT3 Ford add-on 2021 Halkyard Tech users experience help advice page

If this is the case eighter the bcm are too weak and fail after key programming or people programming these are not using battery support failing that if the programming tool is a risk of damaging bcm very unusual we better watch can you tell us what vehicle you are working and what tools used in key programming.
    Hi,

Vehicle is a 2015 Ford Mustang FM

It was akl and from what I’ve been told was programmed with HT3 which took a while to complete programming and Xhorse remote was used.

The issue was reported to me that car would completely stop responding to remotes and proximity both inside and outside vehicle.

I went to the car used truecode to clear remotes and code in two genuine remotes TC program new keys instantly without any wait.

This appeared to have solved the issue because everything was working perfectly but the issue returned however.

I’m not sure if the car store any kind of faults as I did not check as only assumed fault was due to Xhorse remote functionally.

Just to be clear I’m not trying to place any blame on HT3 for this issue for all I know it could have been a pre existing issue on the vehicle before anyone had touched it. Just I have never come across this particular issue on ford system previously and am thinking it is BCM related.
    Last edited by Hugh91; 29th December, 2021 at 10:21 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast