Hello all. I am in the midst of setting up an IBM T30 with DIS/GT1os for use on BMW diagnostics, coding, and programming. I have two "DK20" yellowhead diagnostic multiplexers to use with it, and two BMW systems to test it on: a E39 530i IKE (cluster) wired to an OBD2 port, and my personal E39 528i which uses the 20-pin "ADS" or pac-man port.

Both DK20's function correctly with the cluster testbed, performing diagnostics and coding without issue. However, only one will talk to the actual E39 (via the 20-pin port as required). The other halts with a "200.166 Communications" error. I've read and researched that this error could be software related, it could be hardware on the DK20 (a bad fuse?), or it could be that the DK20 needs to be reflashed (if so, I have a RS232 null modem cable to use on it).

Unfortunately there's few people online who are running this setup this way (99% of people simply use a VM and a DK20 emulator) so I am hoping someone here could contribute their expertise. Best and thanks!