Register

Thread: flash m28f512

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default flash m28f512

hello there nice people :P=

i have a m28f512 flash from a car i wanna some spare ones 2 can i ordre this one ?
    CATALYST SEMICONDUCTOR|CAT28F512GI-12|FLASH, 512K, 64KX8, 120NS, PLCC32 | Farnell Danmark

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

[QUOTE=el_futte;457103]hello there nice people :P=

i have a m28f512 flash from a car i wanna some spare ones 2 can i ordre this one ?

hi
    what ys our doubt ?
    regards

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    486 Posts

When FLASH chip of the same number but different make is needed one good point to be considered is chip access time (reading). The replaced chip should have equal or shorter access time. This CATALYST chip (discontinued now) has access time of 120 nanosecond. The shorter access time, the better chip performance on the other hand, the chip of the newer technology normally has shorter access time. The access time of 120 is quite normal in the old-day chip but searching to the datasheet of AMD chip (m28F512) shows less access time of 70-90. In the reality the operation of the whole circuit depends to the perfirmance of the MCU too. The longer access time of the FLASH chip would not affect if the MCU circuity support it. I used the CAT28F512-150 chip to replace AMD chip in BOSCH ECU without problem. Hope this help.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Its true Zmann, but for ECU's with PLCC type flashes its not a big deal. I use any brand with any (70-120) response time. All doing well in old ECU's.
    What more important is :
    If ECU is 2x8byte (2 chips) you HAVE TO USE SAME CHIPS! then its even possible that data would be corrupted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you can, but better use the same