Hello my name is David. I live in Canada.
First of all let me say I am thrilled that I found Digital Kaos. I searched some of the forums and you guys are the best! I hope that someone can help me. Second let me say that your experience and knowledge shouldnÂ’t be free. With that said I don't mind paying for help.
I am a retired IT communications technician. My wife got me a Launch x431 909x Creader scanner as a Christmas gift because I work on my own vehicles and other vehicles in my spare time and I needed a better scanner. She bought it on eBay. The scanner arrived. It is all but new. Still has original plastic cover on the screen. I charged it up and turned the scanner on. The scanner fired up just fine. I filled in all of the info it wanted. At the end of that process, it told me that the scanner software was expired. It says that I need to renew the subscription. It says that I can buy the subscription online or from a local dealer. The serial number is 979794009006. At the time I didnÂ’t have an activation code and I didnÂ’t know I needed it. I sent an email to Launch USA for some help. They told me the unit I have is a 2020 model, used and previously registered and they said it wasn't reported stolen. Whew! They said the software needed to be updated and they couldnÂ’t help me. They said it would still work just wouldnÂ’t be updated. Hmmm so now what do I do? I searched old man google and sent out several emails and then I stumbled on Digital Kaos thank heavens. My questions areÂ…. So how do I check to see if it is registered to me or not? Can I restore the whole scanner to factory and start again and re-register it? Can I get a new activation code? How and who do I buy upgrade software from? Is there some way to find out if it is an original or a AliExpress clone and does that really matter?
Kind regards,
David