Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Default Crazy Mk7 Transit remote prices

Whats going on with these blue remote prices? all more than double in prices, tried everywhere, but £102+vat, ford £148+vat, does anyone know of a good place? after OEM ones, not copy, thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

I programmed a Chinese key like the one in the photo and the remote control worked all the time but the led flashed about 9 out of 10 attempts to start the car
    Before I used 1:1 Chinese remote key copy and I had no problem with the start and the remote control, now such keys are no longer available
    Otherwise...as you said OEM keys for over 100 euros !

blue ford.jpg

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

you will struggle to get original blue transit remotes at a decent price for a while yet , and i suspect supply will suffer droughts for a while yet.

from what i read the overseas factory was destroyed , thus the issues until supply chain is restored .

though i suspect even when stock levels get restored they will try and keep price up .

its a situation out of our control , pass cost on to customer until things change , they have 2 options , pay or enjoy life with a non remote key

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Correct Martin, short supply of Ic for ecu, and lots of electronic stuff, etc .today I sat down and repaired 3 blue OEM remote boards, so 5 in stock now, then normal key as you have mentioned, so now common China.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,273 Posts

i grabbed a load of used ones , fitted new battery , new buttons and refreshed solder and recased , have a dozen of these and still have 6 oem left , so ok for a while.

id never supply a china one as far too unreliable .

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

If only we could forecast the future mate, what remote or TP chip next! I am the same as you. I never supply and program none OEM remote for trade, even for cheap skates!!. its a Topsy turvy world at the moment they are selling the copy ones now for £50+ just imagine what next.
    Last edited by nazz2; 28th January, 2022 at 06:58 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazz2 View Post
    Whats going on with these blue remote prices? all more than double in prices, tried everywhere, but £102+vat, ford £148+vat, does anyone know of a good place? after OEM ones, not copy, thanks
    MK3 The Original.......cheapest in wild west.
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Nope! , they always advertise things that most are not in stock! cheapest ,yes you are correct.