Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default immo off sprinter 2000 CR2.xx ECU blue led flashing but start error

Hi, I have a start error with my mercedes sprinter 2000. The error is persistant and first occured while jump starting it with loose battery terminals. I read that it was a possible immobiliser unit (wps) faliure. To this end i decided the cheapest solution was to bypass the immobiliser completely using an emulator. I got me a sku of80 (a julie 95 clone) and followed the procedure detailed in the manual to immo off my ECU by altering the 5p08c3 eeprom. I did the alteration with a ch341a usb programmer with the eeprom removed from the ecu. - i.e. i could read back the altered eeprom and the alterations were as expected. I do not know however what the rest of the eeprom values are meant to be or whether they are correct or not. I please need someone to verify that the eeprom dump i wrote back to the chip is correct and sensible. After doing the immo off and cutting the CAN lines to the WSP the emulator blue light flashed fast for a while but now flashes once every two seconds as expected. to me this means it adjusted to the ecu and thinks everything is fine, and is correctly broadcasting its naughty signal down the can lines. However the van still displays 'start error' and wont let me crank. Anyone with any knowledge on this please share, - i will upload the dumps and pictures as soon as i figure out how! cheers,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Attachments (images and bin file of eeprom)

Attachments (images and bin file of eeprom)
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jmsr For This Useful Post:

joejam (27th February, 2022)