Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default 2011 Seat Ibiza 16239 - Engine Control Module Incorrectly Coded

just bought a Seat Ibiza 2011 1.2 tdi ecomotive, was sold as non runner due to immobiliser problem, seller assured me he had not tampered, remap attempt ect, although tbh Im more inclined to believe someones been meddling with things they know nothing about, got the car home and scanned with VCDS , 16239 - Engine Control Module Incorrectly Coded looks to be the main problem, although a few other dtcs are stored also, how do i go about troubleshooting and rectifying?? Ive only got VCDS and Autocom for diagnosis at the moment, attached scan result

a user on another forum was kind enough to provide this coding 00114016030401080000 which i was told i can use in vcds, but i cant find any info how to accomplish it, hope someone can give me a bit of a walkthrough with this

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

well i tried this code, and then also just tried using long code helper and selecting my cars parameters, and with both I get Error 31, Out of Range, anyone got any ideas how to proceed to overcome this?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Well got this issue resolved .
    Original ECU was corrupted by probably 3rd party tools by previous owner who sold me the car, so found an ECU matching Part/Hardware numbers and someone local recoded via ODIS Online