Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

Default Price cap to increase by £693 from April

Record increase in global gas prices sees energy price cap rise of 54% Ofgem knows this rise will be extremely worrying for many people Customers struggling to pay their energy bill should contact their supplier to access the help available

The energy price cap will increase from 1 April for approximately 22 million customers. Those on default tariffs paying by direct debit will see an increase of £693 from £1,277 to £1,971 per year (difference due to rounding). Prepayment customers will see an increase of £708 from £1,309 to £2,017.

The increase is driven by a record rise in global gas prices over the last 6 months, with wholesale prices quadrupling in the last year.
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (3rd April, 2022)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

We know this rise will be extremely worrying for many people, especially those who are struggling to make ends meet,
    Today I just put £10.00 of diesel in my van it was nearly emty the gauge only moved slitley I think they need to look into this issue fast all else we all going out of business.

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (3rd April, 2022)

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post
    Today I just put £10.00 of diesel in my van it was nearly emty the gauge only moved slitley .
    Where was you going? From pump 3 to pump 4?

considering this stuff comes “free” out the ground!

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Meat-Head For This Useful Post:

super jumbe (4th April, 2022)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    Where was you going? From pump 3 to pump 4?
    I over used the van had to put my hand in the pocket van is filled with diesel every week in designated pump I wonder if the council will allow us to use Donkeys as they are the cheapest way to travel in 2022 and beowned.....

Note:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to super jumbe For This Useful Post:

Meat-Head (4th April, 2022)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

If you think the gas and electric increase is bad there are worse increases that have taken people by surprise. After the government changed the rules on what was council tax benefit (now council tax reduction).

My council tax payments increased by over 300%. From about £25 to over £80 per month. Nearly all disabled people who can't work will be hit by this change.
    Canker

"Animal, vegetable or mineral... I'll do anything, to anything, with anything"
    - The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells
    [COLOR=Green]