Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default rns510 map installation trouble

can anyone tell me if its possible to manually place the v17 map files onto the rns h/drive created by mapstool after removal from device,im on josi 5238 firmware, I am having a nightmare, sd card i just get constant sd card error on evey sd card ive tried, around 8 different ones and sizes, and burned multiple dvds of different manufactures, at the recommended low speed and settings ect, tried image burn, nero, discs write and verify fine, i can access the map fat32 partition on the rns510 h/drive plugged into a usb caddy , so would like to know the file structure or such to manual placement of the map,
    found this info below on a eastern european website regarding this, but i obviously cant do as stated, as i dont have the DVD folder structure described that he saved from the rns h/drive prior to copying the maptools built map across to it

Hello everyone. Well, I finally updated the maps to version 8555 and I did it without disks and flashcards. I did the update through the computer, with the removal of the HDD from the RNSki. I bought an adapter for old laptop IDE hards, the most inexpensive for 200p.Next
    , I made a backup of the DVD folder from the RNS hard and deleting everything from it, copied all the data from the image of the card disk and all, I did not do any more manipulations, I collected RNSku and Voila I have a card version 8555. Maybe this information will help someone.
    Last edited by moi; 5th April, 2022 at 11:08 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

easy way - clean your DVD drive for example :-)

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hi where did you download the V17 map files from i can seem to find it ?

Cheers