Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Nissan Micra k14 Flooded no ignition from IPDM

Hi everyone.
    Maybe someone may help me.
    Have a flooded Nissan Micra k14 2020 1.5dci. Car was under water for a time. Engine ecu is original(good), key original (good). Cluster was dead (read eeprom and write to new one), original IPDM seems to be good too(anyway have tried a used one and no changes), chassy control module used (desolder mcu from original). Airbag used one but wich crash now. All modules have U1000 error current. Have checked all can wires and wire junctions all OK. Tried dissconecting all modules one by one leving just cluster, ecm, body, ipdm - no changes. IPDM module dont whant to turn on ignition relay, on current data have "Startingmode_bcm NO request" "Ignitionsupplyconfirmation OFF" "Ignitioncontrolstate OFF" "IGN RLY OFF".
    What may cause ipdm not to turn on ignition?
    Thanks.

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Is there eeprom in body computer? To swap

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

From my experience flooded cars is problematic and stays with gremlins. Stay away is my advice. Corrosion will haunt the car.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fuzz1 For This Useful Post:

Sandeepa (8th May, 2022)

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Hey buds
    That's true. If i am on the buying end of a used car, i will stay far far away from a flooded car than an accidental ones. The body panels might stay good for some time but the electricals and the electronics will go kaput sooner than expected. They might look and work good but they will go bad for sure.
    And arranging for a working substitute will always be a pain for the mechanic

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk