Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down legality of boxes/vign terms

if your not entering into a contract in the first place how can you agree to terms? you can recieve radio signals anywhere but not pay. the terms that you enter the contract either giving consent by way of a signature or orally binds you to those details but if you dont go into business with them then why should you not use it? sky sports has not been patented and even if it was your making them rich anyway they get money from advertising junk which we buy thats my tax for watchin it. IF its there and you want to watch it , go. your paying for it anyway

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If and I repeat If they are trialing something could it not be aimed at detecting c/s cable boxes. ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WHY...they are all ~~~~ed once N3 hits anyway...its all shite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No one can prove you have a tv or cable box unless they see it .And to do this you must invite them into your home . Personally i don't let anyone i don't know cross my doorstep . Problem solved .

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jasbo7 View Post
    thank you... you are 101% correct. There is no such thing as a eurovox detector.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasbo7 View Post
    i agree its just scaremongering and probably not even by vm.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy1974 View Post
    i agree its just scaremongering and probably not even by vm.
    if there was such detectors then I think shit loada ppl would have been caught by now

So who ever is posting crap about such detector they seriously need to get better info / source and not be gullable.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unadkat View Post
    if there was such detectors then I think shit loada ppl would have been caught by now

So who ever is posting crap about such detector they seriously need to get better info / source and not be gullable.

Ack, I dunno - after I nearly spat my pepsi over my monitor with laughter, that utter nonsense brought a smile to my face, so a big thumbs up to the poster - any other fairy stories on the go please do tell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

well im glad it only detects eurovox anyway, my ass can stop twitching now every time there's a knock at the door cos i got starview . (muppetry of the highest order)

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

well l had a run in with cable this week and lm sure this is the case ,, l had a few box's and they installed a filter in the green box ,, but this only stopped my internet .. anyway they came round to repair and l had removed my box's and the lad said we will run at test from the engineers centre to check the line . it came back clear and they removed the filter .. the next night l fitted one of the dreambox's and went out . when we got home the internet was off again ,, yea they had come around and fitted the filter again .... l only have the sat box's in now and there hasnt been a problem ?

strange one
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know what your all mocking the original poster for, the technology and know how has been around for a while to find and even identify unofficial receivers but VM have never had the motivation or even will to do anything about it. The financial aspect of such a venture has always been the deciding factor on them doing anything about it. It has never been worth their while as prosecutions would be very rare due to them needing entry into the house to prove it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

This is the biggest load of bollox i've ever heard....1 its cable and the only way there going too read the box is throught the cable, the licence people and there bogus vans go on areials....there phoney too, scare tacktic,other wise they would just scan your house (most houses are flats and have communial arials as for blocks) why bother with the random house calls and millions of threatning letters if they had that shit.....I can't stop laughing at this bnogus post...and why only eurovox?? what about starview and all the other box's....maybe this poister works for virgin and is trying the old tv licence bogus van scare trick!!! woulda worked if it wern't so dumb... as for the poster above me yeah i'm sure they have ways of checking,i know origanal vm boxs have a modem on too chat back 2 vm it's all easily possable but like you said too much work, most people pay for there cable,m ost peple don't want too **** around with wonkey box's....... This post has actuallty made me a bit angry..
    Last edited by faum72; 1st March, 2010 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This reminds me of the time pat and mick at the end of my street had a visit from the TV detector van.

Mick was just leavin the house when the man came to the door lookin for their TV liecence.

Mick was late for his work so he said to the man to ask pat and tell him its behind the clock on the mantle peice in the livingroom and he then sped of for work.

The TV man chapped the door and pat answered, the man said iam here to see your tv liecence, pat said iam not sure were it is, the man replied its behind the clock on the mantle peice in the livingroom.

~~~~ me says pat thats some fekin detector van you have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12