Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Astra J dashboard on the bench

Hello All,
    I'm having a dashboard for J Astra at my desk and I want to do some experiment with it. I figured some pins in the connector:
    16: GND (black)
    26: LS CAN (green)
    27: LS CAN (green)
    31: Ignition 12V (green-purple)
    32: 12V (red-yellow)
    I made it work and I see lots of errors (obviously) in the red screen. Unfortunately I don't know how is the steering column left hand switch (that you use for indexing, turn on high beam etc) is wired to the IPC? It also has the buttons to navigate yourself in the IPC menu so I suspect those cables go directly to the IPC. I don't have any wiring diagram unfortunately (I'm an enthusiast amateur, not professional).

Is there anyone who can tell me how these buttons work (e.g. add certain resistance to certain pins)? I'd like to DIY the buttons so I can use the menu at my desk.

Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dear All,
    I'm not really sure if I wrote to the wrong forum, tried to start a taboo topic, no one here has access to wire diagrams :-D or no one bothers to help? I know usually it's expected that I help first before I ask for help and I tried to already share the information what I could gather. I'm new to car electronics and I want to learn, I don't want to do anything illegal and I don't want to take anyone's business. I don't want to be impatient really, I just used to fora where I receive something soon. Maybe a Moderator could kindly guide me if I did sth wrong?
    Thanks.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts

Hi
    Check powering dashboard on the bench in dashboard section. I might be wrong but i think what you are looking for goes through the can bus. So find out can low and can high pins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you, I found the CAN bus pins (mentioned above, I use 26 for signal and 16 for GND) but I really miss how to push the buttons. On the screen there are lots of errors like airbag controller not found, water coolant level signal is missing etc. In a car I have the steering column left hand switch "arm" that I can use for indexing, turn on high beam etc and also to navigate in the menu. Now the dash is at my desk and I don't have that switch to navigate and dismiss the error messages. That's why I asked for the wiring and pinout. I'm not sure if I can move this thread to the matching forum or which is the correct forum at all, could you please maybe tell me?
    Thanks.