Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Citroen C3 Picasso ECU problem

Hi,

Here is Citroen C3 Picasso 2009 year. 1397 cm3, 70KW, petrol.
    Simptomy: The display wrote one error first (I don't know what.) 1-2 week later the car didn't start anymore.
    I read the errors with launch, so many errors in engine. P2134, P0223, P0228, P2140, P2133, P0130, P0053, P0172. related to most accelerator pedals. I didn't find any problem, but I CAN'T DELETE ERRORS. I think ecu damaged. So I changed to other similar ECU, only one error, but car doesn't start because immo.
    So i'm already sure there's a problem with the engine controller.

Then I download virgin eeprom from internet, and I write eeprom TO ORIGINAL ECU.
    Then I match with abrites, I have PIN code, and car start.

Now only one error: P1613 Variant coding incorrect
    Car start, but if you push up gas then spins up but it stumbles back. if you hold the accelerator pedal in one place, it will stutter. Idle power is perfect.
    Display show "ENG MAN FAULT".

Maybe the virgin eeprom is not right?
    I think need eeprom for this car. Or correct my original eeprom.

I read everything with KTAG.
    Original Ecu:
    Ecu: MEV17.4 TC1766
    HW: 9666235880
    SW: 9663193780
    SW upg.: 9666527780

I attached files. And I attached virgin eep, what I write to original ecu.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Hi did you try to flash your original eeprom to the new ECU? It should start the car. I didn't see you trying that in your write up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

First only tried the new ecu put to the car. Result not that many errors in it. of course it didn't start because of the immo, but i saw the errors go away.
    So i think the content is corrupted. So I tried only flash (micro) upload to new ecu, and tried with virgin eep. The result same, car start, but not good.

since the errors have disappeared, I assume the problem is not with the ecu, only with the content.
    that's why i put a virgin eeprom on original ecu.
    and the car started. the 13 errors are also gone. only 1 left.
    so I think the ecu is not wrong, it's just that the eeprom content isn't right even now. (because I have one original eeprom, but I think content is corrupted, and I have virgin eep from internet. So I think I need virgin eep exactly for this type. Or repair my original eep. I don't know..)
    Last edited by bendix2; 26th June, 2022 at 09:47 AM.