Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Smile Renault Can Clip Programming

Hi, does anybody knows if there is a way to reset the ECU from Laguna II, 2004, the unit was replaced ,the new unit comes allready programed for this vehicle, the car star in the beginning for 30sec and then stops, I run diagnosis with a clone CAN CLIP, ver 96, and found some codes I erase them, but nothing happens at that point I run another test, and I type the new VIN into the ECU, and the program says there is only one more chance to write, I also check the configuration of UCH and look intothe options I change the transmission type, and the engine start all goes well the car is running but when I try to see the ECU, I get a message that the ECU is not well adapted , cant look into to change to the right engine or whatever parameters on this ECU, and transmission module is not reconized by the system, so transmission is not shifting correctly, I assume the unit is locked with the current settings and I wonder if there is a way to reset the unit so I can do the right adaptation to it.

Any help will be ?????????? I will thank you so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Have you corrected the faults that you have cleared, are they red or orange & do they keep comming back. What are the codes. If it is a new ecu from Renault then it should be programmed for the car. So take it back & have them replace it or they set it up for free. Why has the ecu been replaced. Quick solution, is it possible to remove the chip from the old unit & put in this one.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

the lights were orange, and it will be time consumming to sendit back because Im in Ecuador and this ECU come from france via Germany, as far as changing the chip I may be able to do it if I know exactly wich one it is. Thank you.

Also I need to check if the transmissin is CVA SU1 for this car,ECU ME 7.4.6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,
    If the lights were orange you should be able to erase the codes.
    It sounds like the ecu wants configuring properly.
    I only use a genuine clip, so am concerned your clone clip will struggle reconfiguring/programming.
    As Beian M has already suggested, you should speak to Renault again, and see how the ecu has been programmed. They may have programmed with the original build of the vehicle.
    Something else may have been replaced.
    Try to read all relevant control modules, take the id info, and feed it back to renault to confirm the spec is as built. Then take it from there.
    Beware, Renault have a policy of refusing to replace any control unit that has been corrupted, or been wrongly programmed due to no fault on their part.
    SK

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks to all, the ECU was purchase by the customer, now one thing I saw was It was configured for hand right driving,I change to LHD, so Im not sure if it was configured properly,anyways I will look into it, and thanks to all of you for you advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi need help witha renault laguna 2001 1.8 privalage abs fault. have replaced all the wheel sensors and sometimes goes of at startup but will come back on any sugestions ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

what's the default code mean DF0....!
    maybe can help you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

have not got codes my clip is broken all wires and sensors are working ok when the abs light is off pump works fine light could of sometimes for 2 mins or 10 while driving

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

see dimenssion of wheel and tire, because there is a paramater VP007 (index tachymetrique) that you must configure with clip and you must have the same wheels (tires) mounted on this car.

VP007 : Index tachymetrique.
    Cette commande permet de programmer dans la memoire du calculateur l'index permettant de calculer
    la vitesse du vehicule suivant la monte des pneumatiques.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Hi

If the ABS Light I coming ON intermittent than I would advice you to check the front wheel sensors it well could be, Not pushed in position properly and causing the air gap problem.

Hope this helps.

Ash

Thanks Ash

Oh yes if my post was helpful than Please don't forget to press the Magic word Thanks