Register

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Peugeot 206 1.4HDi burns ECUs

Hello everyone. I have the following problem with a 2003 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI. The engine ECU (Bosch EDC16C3 0281010707) was faulty, with P0606 code stored, so I replaced it. The car runs fine for 15-20min. After turning the engine off and trying to start it, it cranks but won't start again. Same DTC as with the previous unit, so the ECU is fried again. The original part went bad under the same conditions, the car runs fine, the owner parks and turns it off, and when he tries to get it started, it won't. What could be causing the car to burn ECMs?
    Last edited by dpreprotechnik; 8th August, 2022 at 12:09 PM. Reason: tags

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

The supply voltage on the running engine was OK?

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Used ECU was cloned or programmed from a virgin state?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I could not check. Another replacement ECU was fitted. It did not start until the 3rd or 4th attempt. No DTCs stored. New battery installed. The car run smoothly until the engine was deliberately turned off in order to connect the alternator (it was disconnected) to see the charge voltage. It did not start again. No matter how many attempts.. the ECU is paired to the BSI, correct parameters: crank speed signal, crank-camshaft synchronization, immo unlocked, measured fuel pressure follows specified pressure etc. I have no idea what is causing the issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

It was fully cloned from the original unit via BDM.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dpreprotechnik View Post
    correct parameters: crank-camshaft synchronization

Recently there was a topic "Jumper 2.2HDi DCU102 no starting no signal to injections". In it, the author Fuller showed how the noise in the crank signal blocked the start with the correct cam/crank parameter.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It was fully cloned from the original unit via BDM.
    It happens that incorrect tuning destroys the ECU. Check read software with identical software in hex editor.
    Last edited by meser75; 10th August, 2022 at 12:44 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Нормальный ход))))) Шучу..
    Масса катушек не просто тестером, а под значением не менее 50 Ом, или переносите и продублируйте. Спасибо, что прочитал этот пост
    потребляет массу катушек не просто тестером, а по оценке не менее 50 Ом, или возьмите и продублируйте. Спасибо, что прочитали этот пост Были случаи. что DIS убивает мозг. Но в будущем случае решить проблему несложно, я дал направление.
    Извините, это мой автоматически перезагружается на отправке.
    Возьмите кат катушек не просто тестером, а под нагрузку не менее 50 Ом, или переносите и продублируйте. Спасибо, за то что прочитали эту статью. Были случаи. что ДИС убивает мозг. Но в дальнейшем решить проблему не сложно, я дал направление.
    Извините, мне проще сделать две машины. чем писать сообщение, которое наверное никто не понимает((( Извините.
    Sorry, this is mine auto-reloads on send.
    Check the masses of the coils not just with a tester, but under a load of at least 50 ohms, or take it and duplicate it. Thanks for reading this article. There were cases. that DIS kills the brain. But in the future it is not difficult to solve the problem, I gave a direction.
    My Chrome sometimes goes crazy. He is smart, helps me read, shows me a lot, but as soon as he explains and writes, he translates everything. Sorry if anyone doesn't understand, please ask again.
    Last edited by Fibiana; 10th August, 2022 at 11:02 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,973 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibiana View Post
    Масса катушек не просто тестером, а под значением не менее 50 Ом, или переносите и продублируйте. Спасибо, что прочитал этот пост
    потребляет массу катушек не просто тестером, а по оценке не менее 50 Ом, или возьмите и продублируйте. Спасибо, что прочитали этот пост Были случаи. что DIS убивает мозг. Но в будущем случае решить проблему несложно, я дал направление.
    Извините, это мой автоматически перезагружается на отправке.
    Возьмите кат катушек не просто тестером, а под нагрузку не менее 50 Ом, или переносите и продублируйте. Спасибо, за то что прочитали эту статью. Были случаи. что ДИС убивает мозг. Но в дальнейшем решить проблему не сложно, я дал направление.
    Извините, мне проще сделать две машины. чем писать сообщение, которое наверное никто не понимает((( Извините.
    Sorry, this is mine auto-reloads on send.
    Check the masses of the coils not just with a tester, but under a load of at least 50 ohms, or take it and duplicate it. Thanks for reading this article. There were cases. that DIS kills the brain. But in the future it is not difficult to solve the problem, I gave a direction.
    My Chrome sometimes goes crazy. He is smart, helps me read, shows me a lot, but as soon as he explains and writes, he translates everything. Sorry if anyone doesn't understand, please ask again.
    Please write in English only, leave the Ukrainian language only for yourself

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,973 Posts

Hello everyone. I have the following problem with a 2003 Peugeot 206 1.4 HDI. The engine ECU (Bosch EDC16C3 0281010707) was faulty, with P0606 code stored, so I replaced it. The car runs fine for 15-20min. After turning the engine off and trying to start it, it cranks but won't start again. Same DTC as with the previous unit, so the ECU is fried again. The original part went bad under the same conditions, the car runs fine, the owner parks and turns it off, and when he tries to get it started, it won't. What could be causing the car to burn ECMs?
    share reading eeprom and flash

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts

Hello Theoretically, this is a problem with the ECU But there is often a fault on the engine hardware that blocks the processor and gives the code P0606. If the fault occurs after the engine is warmed up, look for elements that heat up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

SOLVED! Thanks for your ideas. The problem was an injector. It was faulty. The second ECU showed the same DTC as the original one but it worked fine since the faulty injector was replaced. The original unit wont work however. Hope it heps anyone.