Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ODIS online coding

Hello to all members
    I have a problem with the VW GOLF 7 1.6 tdi 77kw
    The vehicle caught fire, after which the engine ECU had to be changed, the entire interior with dashboards and most of the other modules, including the ABS module, which were removed from one vehicle. Also, the entire installation was replaced, and all this from a vehicle where the steering wheel was on the right side, and this one has the steering wheel on the left side. Some changes were made to the installation, but everything was done carefully.
    After all these replacements, the vehicle started successfully, but there are a large number of errors, and many warning lights are active.
    As far as I could tell the ABS coding was lost and that might be the reason for most of the other errors.
    Attached is a scan list of all modules.
    I am interested in whether someone could help me with ODIS online coding or in some other way to solve my problem.
    It is also necessary to register a new ECU because now the VIN on the vehicle and the VIN in the ECU do not match.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

If the VIN that is spread on CAN bus and on diagnostics differs from original of the car, forget about doing online coding. You will end up having setup of that donor VIN, which means codings not accepted or toatally wrong because from different car. That ABS thing is always fixable. Same with other things, even with wrong VIN. I know this is a free of charge board, but don't expect jobs like this to be done for free. You just need to be aware of that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think I get it for free, I would pay to have someone do it for me
    I know nothing can be coded online until this ECU is reported as a replacement to get the proper VIN.
    Can this be done with ODIS online?
    Thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RADENKO12 View Post
    I don't think I get it for free, I would pay to have someone do it for me
    I know nothing can be coded online until this ECU is reported as a replacement to get the proper VIN.
    Can this be done with ODIS online?
    Thanks
    Not sure if that one significant sentence was unclear: if you do ODIS online with a car that is identifiying itself as a different car, because of a different VIN, you will get everything online provided from that donor car. That cannot fit, because it's a different car.

So to answer your last question: no. Unless the car identifies itself as the car it really is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good
    What is your suggestion, what should I do?
    And can you help me through Time Viewer?
    I have an ODIS interface, but I have no experience working with it
    Last edited by RADENKO12; 9th August, 2022 at 10:51 PM.