Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Audi A3 8L pd100 stage 1 check

Hi Everyone,

I am continuing experimenting with my A3. I made a remap and a log of it and want to know what can be improved or changed (as this is my first attempt and I sure missed a lot of things)

Car is all stock with EGR delete in good condition. My goal was to make 140HP/300Nm as I don't know for sure if my 5-speed transmission can handle more torque.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,234 Posts

compare log in stock and now.
    compare log with values you want...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes I did that and I see that values changed as I expected. I tried to get some opinions and advices about few things.
    -Intake air temperature rises a few degrees. In stock mode it tops about 65 degrees C but now it is up to 77. I think that my small intercooler is at its limit which is expected. It is possible to reduce air intake temp by moving start of injection forward so I get more complete combustion with larger doses of fuel which in my theory should lead to cooler exhaust temps?
    -Also I remaped boost target to 2150mbar tops which should be safe for GT1749V turbo. I tried to map my configuration to boost map but I am unsure about volumetric efficiency of ATD engine and information about VE of VW 1.9 Tdi PD engines is non-existent.
    -Also I got the assumption that A3 8L 5-speed manual should handle 300nm of torque as most chiptuning companies aim their stage 1 maps to this target, but I am unable to find any solid info about this.
    -Lastly, in my inexperience I am still trying to find a way to increase subjective acceleration in 1500-2000 rpm area. I don't know if this is possible with this engine or if it is a limitation of engine or turbo. Again I don't have all info to plot on boost map.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    800 Posts

Does the decrease of EGT lead to the decrease IAT?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waldi1979 View Post
    Does the decrease of EGT lead to the decrease IAT?
    Theoretically it should, albeit i can't predict the real effect. My understanding is that exhaust gasses go through turbo turbine which is cooled, but since it is a single part shared with air intake, it will have "an effect" but I am not exquipped or experienced enough to say if it is negligible or if it has a real effect. I think that major cause of IAT increase is increased compression ratio as gasses heat when compressed. And because my remap increased pressure ratio but cooling capacity of intercooler was not changed it created higher IAT in the end. As I am currently not planing an intercooler exchange I asked if it is possible to increase the cooling capacity of the system with some other changes and dropping EAT was my idea. Advancing the time of injection was my idea because it should grant the fuel longer time to fully combust (i am running 55-60 cetane fuel and with EGR delete the combustion chambers are not pre-heated from exhaust).