Register
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Truecode on early 2016 Transit Custom

I have just tried to programme a spare remote key for the first time on a 2016 Transit Custom (Early 2016 model with ID63 80 bit) With the FTC5 module on my TrueCode. It would get to the part to switch the ignition on with the key to be programmed & the progress bar gets to just over half way & stays there, Then it just hangs on with the message 'Working 3' I waited for over 5 minutes. I tried several times & re booted the laptop & it just got to the same issue. I was under the impression this vehicle should take a few seconds to program? Battery support was used after the first fail just in case.
    I gave up in the end & used Zedfull which programmed it first time in less than 10 seconds. I'm a bit annoyed that I had to use tokens for this when i have this truecode module that should be able to do this.
    Anyone else had issues with Truecode on this model?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,278 Posts

nope truecode is great on the id63 transit of this year normally .

how old is your truecode usb stick ? this was an issue with the old usb stick that needed an update where it hung and wouldnt complete ? we had to send our usb stick back to chris to be exchanged for a new one to utelise all the ftc5 coverage a few years ago, though if you have been doing these mk8 transit no issues so far then usb stick is ok , it may just be an oddball .

ive used truecode ftc5 on 2 transit custom and a 2016 fiesta today with no issues , very quick and faultless.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapidlocksmiths View Post

how old is your truecode usb stick ?.
    The main cable is just under 2 years old. I bought a used old style one which turned out to be no good so it was exchanged for the newer truecode smart, when i done this the USB dongle was sent back with it, no idea if the one i got back was a new one or not?
    This is the first time i have used it on this model, the only other thing i have used FTC5 on was a prox Kuga which worked no problem.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,278 Posts

the best thing you can do is to contact chris at halkyard tech , if unsure how he will tell you how to find and email the relevent log file for this job to him , from this log file he will know exactly what the issue was that caused the job to fail , whether an oddball , usb stick issue or software issue and advise accurately.

ive done alot of mk8 transit and transit custom with truecode ftc5 and alwatys been spot on , htc3 has also been reliable on these from chris.

we may all come up with possible reasons why it failed but all would be guesswork , sending the log file to chris direct will show the exact reason so it can be fixed if it needs to be.

his email is sales@halkyardtech.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rapidlocksmiths For This Useful Post:

Weasel3 (13th August, 2022)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I Have already emailed him, not expecting a reply though till after the weekend. Just thought i would ask on here too incase its a known issue or maybe I was not waiting long enough?

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,278 Posts

no its very quick on these , so something is wrong , takes a few minutes to gain access and do key , ive done another spare today on a 2015 custom , programming took 2 to 3 mins.

send your log file to chis , go to your truecode folder in windows and find the log files and send him the log file

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Just a little update, chris got back to me & asked for the log files, Unfortunately log files are only generated if the program was ran as an administrator (which it wasn't). I now have it set to default run as administrator.
    There was a newer software version than mines too so installed that, will just need to see what happens the next time i do one of these.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,278 Posts

if your software or dongle was old software this may well be the root cause , try it on the next one you get .

always pays to go straight to chris with issues , it gets resolved far quicker this way.

hope its sorted for you