PD150 Boost creep - 1756
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PD150 Boost creep - 1756

PD150 Boost creep
    Hi guys double checked all VAC connections as i just bought it its had vac simplification its recently had a replacement bosch tandem pump so looking closer now suspecting tandem pump gasket if it even has one... havent yet taken it apart to check the seals yet but but will do that tomorrow... theres no oil level rising with diesel or anything like that.
    All rubber VAC hoses have been swapped to silicone the N75 module hasn't thrown an error...
    A LOT of blowby pipes do look like they're leaking oil at every join and turbo is hitting 40psi flat out... (should be max 30psi)
    Tried lowering the boost to 25psi in the map and nothing changes still soaring above 35...
    I've tested the VNT in the turbo with vacuum tester and it seems silky smooth...

Do Oil seals going cause overboost? Low Boost Map made no difference whatsoever
    Seems like a hell of a lot of blowby not sure if the turbo is shagged or the overboost is just causing too much crankcase pressure and spitting it out the rocker cover breather... either way something had to cause the overboost and the usual Sticky VNT doesnt seem to be the problem
    Can't quite figure out why its overboosting perhaps a brand new 2060vklr will solve it... I have ordered hard boost pipe kit to replace the discusting ones...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TorqueDr; 13th August, 2022 at 09:25 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TorqueDr View Post
    PD150 Boost creep
    Hi guys double checked all VAC connections as i just bought it its had vac simplification its recently had a replacement bosch tandem pump so looking closer now suspecting tandem pump gasket if it even has one... havent yet taken it apart to check the seals yet but but will do that tomorrow... theres no oil level rising with diesel or anything like that.
    All rubber VAC hoses have been swapped to silicone the N75 module hasn't thrown an error...
    A LOT of blowby pipes do look like they're leaking oil at every join and turbo is hitting 40psi flat out... (should be max 30psi)
    Tried lowering the boost to 25psi in the map and nothing changes still soaring above 35...
    I've tested the VNT in the turbo with vacuum tester and it seems silky smooth...

Do Oil seals going cause overboost? Low Boost Map made no difference whatsoever
    Seems like a hell of a lot of blowby not sure if the turbo is shagged or the overboost is just causing too much crankcase pressure and spitting it out the rocker cover breather... either way something had to cause the overboost and the usual Sticky VNT doesnt seem to be the problem
    Can't quite figure out why its overboosting perhaps a brand new 2060vklr will solve it... I have ordered hard boost pipe kit to replace the discusting ones...
    I have a problem like that before.. overboosting.. and replaced two turbos the same problem, tried diff n75, map sensors, tried diff maps etc...

the issue was on head of engine.. i have rebuild head of engine as it was oil leaking from valves and overboost was solved.

give a look into exhausts if there is OIL ..
    Autotuner Master - PCMflash 1.3.5 - Ktag - Kess v2 - Mpps v22 - FGtech - VCDS hex v2 - Inpa - Odis - Launch

WinOLS 5

IF helped! Press "Rep & Thanks"!