Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Opcom bypass bootloader

Hello i am new here and ive tried to restore my opcom clone and maybe fix it but no luck i get and error and it says that (Timeout - is your PIC empty? Not Bootloader?) how can i fix that or even bypass the bootloader with a popup error in the screen that says Unhandled exception has occured in your application. if you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the applocation will close immediately
    Length of argument 'String' must be greater than zero.

Thanks in advance!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    695 Posts

Unscrew the housing. Take a clear photo of both sides of the main PCB and post it here.
    Last edited by Mario6; 13th June, 2023 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mario6 View Post
    Unscrew the housing. Take a clear photo of both sides of the main PCB and post it here.
    I dont know if that is helpful but D5 C22 C23 are missing i mean they are not connected the pads are emtpy

IMG_20230614_115912.jpgIMG_20230614_115823.jpgIMG_20230614_133910.jpg
    Last edited by BannedL; 14th June, 2023 at 02:43 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    695 Posts

Your PCB probably has a real PIC. However, no one knows what innovations the Chinese introduced.
    Since you can't update the FW using OCFlash, you can use an external programmer or buy another Opcom with a real PIC.
    I have these opcoms:

the two at the top have a real PIC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine is exactly like the tor right one of yours and if you are saying that the top are real then my chip is also real it has the dimbple and everything and also might be fake!... i dont have another programer i only have an arduino if i can hook it up there would be awesome!
    But i tryied OCflash and opcomfut and nothing what might be wrong here?... I forgot to mention that it had 1.99v on it and i could only read the immobilizer and the airbags not the engine module or ECU thats why i tried the ocflash and now it is stuck at 1.41v and cant read anything... i dont know the version needed to read my ECU too my car is an Opel Tigra 1.4 1996 X14XE!
    Last edited by BannedL; 14th June, 2023 at 08:52 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    695 Posts

I "cleaned" the PIC in Opcom on the top left and later I couldn't program it using OCFlash (it was programmed as OPCOM HQ CLONE). I tried using an external programmer but I damaged it mechanically and bought a second one.
    Last edited by Mario6; 15th June, 2023 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so in my case what can i do? i paid 100 euros to get it... is now a piece of trash?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BannedL View Post
    so in my case what can i do? i paid 100 euros to get it... is now a piece of trash?
    You paid 100 Euros?
    Buddy, the Bulgarians (from the S66 store) are selling their Opcoms HQ CLONE working with SW 21xxxxxxEN/DE for less than 90Euro.
    Chinese Opcoms with a real PIC 18F458 cost on Alie .... with shipping to my country 24Euro.

Works with all SW made by Fantomel.
    Last edited by Mario6; 14th June, 2023 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mario6 View Post
    You paid 100 Euros?
    Buddy, the Bulgarians (from the S66 store) are selling their Opcoms HQ CLONE working with SW 21xxxxxxEN/DE for less than 90Euro.
    Chinese Opcoms with a real PIC 18F458 cost on Alie .... with shipping to my country 24Euro.

Works with all SW made by Fantomel.
    Oh yeah i paid 100 euros with shipping of course i know i am stupid but i thought that it is a good quality piece because the Official Opcom goes over 150 Euros my research was really deep here in Greece and online ofcourse thats why i bought that one! and my last efford trying to fix it i found OpcomFut from fantomel with the FW/SW but still didnt worked in the first post i wrote the error i was getting from OpcomFut/O***M Ftdi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

your pic chip is fake look at the wording "MICROCHIP" they are all the same size a real pic will have 2 different font sizes "MICROCHIP"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to espace01 For This Useful Post:

Mario6 (2nd August, 2023)